Novarossi SG crank question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Glenn-

I can't answer your question but how are you doing. Are you still working on the A-hydro St.-way record.

Glen,

First what is a Nova Rossi SG crank? :huh:

The NR RXM is 1/4 28 thread size and Octura makes the collet. By the way info compliments of Gary Preusse. ;)

Bill :)

Hey Tommy, good to hear from you! Yeah I'm still playing with the 12 SAW stuff some...there are a bunch of really good boaters messing with these little motors now and this record still has a LONG way to go. I think 90 mph is not too far away.

Bill, the SG crank is the car version...it is a lot different than just a regular threaded crank...it only has a short threaded portion and I think it is bigger than the regular 5 mm .12 threads. Tell Gary Hi for me.

Thanks for any info,

Glenn

Hello Glenn,

Zuber and I will check the timing equipment one final time tomorrow, and ship it out to Jason by usual UPS. Remember to cover the sensors with baggies of some type if it starts to drizzle, keep them dry. I will include several of the newly designed record forms like you saw here back in the Fall, you can run more at your location.

John in Huntsville

Thanks John! And thanks for doing such a great job keeping the equipment working so good! Jason and I are going to build some of those neat gallon plastic jug covers you guys have. If you are looking for something to do, come join us in Valdosta for a few days. :)

Glenn

Hi Glenn

I checked my NR 15s out of my car and they appear to be 1/4-28 - there just isn't much thread available.

GT

Forgot to say - for those that don't know the Italian manufacture SG used to make 1/8th RC cars - they were the first to use engines without a prop driver and use the end of the crank as the pilot shaft for the clutch. This made the whole set-up quite a bit shorter. Eventually everybody adapted this style of crank and it became known universally as the SG crank.

There endeth the short history lesson.

GT

Wow GTR - that brings back memories. I had an SG with a Cipolla in it many, many, years ago.

hey Tim

It shows how klong I've been around as I can remeber when they introduced these cars - with suspension - WOW. The SG Columbia I think it was.

GT - lol now I know I've been hanging around RC too long. :D

The car was imported by a gentleman Doctor who lived in New York, and Columbia MK2 was it's name. I was a team driver for them, now you know how long I have been playing.

Back