Boat recovery for nitro boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

ktucker8

I know this is the motor Forum but I intentionally posted this here for you Guys running Nitro boats. When They quit how do you recover them? I use a rubber raft which kinda sucks to drag around. Been thinking of getting a electric boat to send out to recover my Nitro boat if and when it fails. What can I rig up to grab the boat with? Thinking maybe a piece of foam wrapped pipe mounted to the electric somehow to push the dead boat back with? Can you Guys tell me if any of you use another R/C boat? Thanks Ken

I like that! I was trying to picture something of that nature. Great looking device with the Tugboat! Thanks Ken

Well pushing is ok but the best way we found is to rig up a fishing reel and a cheap electric boat with the line attached, run it out and around the dead boat then reel them both back in, works every time.

Well pushing is ok but the best way we found is to rig up a fishing reel and a cheap electric boat with the line attached, run it out and around the dead boat then reel them both back in, works every time.
So, U been watching me again?

mobydickk

So, U been watching me again?

mobydickk
No, but Kenny and the guys in StLouis use this method all the time. I have one rigged up.

Zippkits tugster 12 feet of fishing line a tennis ball or pool noddle. Circle the boat and bring it home
How does the line not slip off the boat you intend to drag back in? Or are you adding a couple tennis balls to keep it floating along the line and out of the rescue boats prop? Sorry for the questions but don't have anybody in my neck of the woods running Nitro Boats so I never get to see how its done here. Ken

We've been using a few different rescue boats over the years, Vac-U-Tug, Vac-U-Tow, Aquacraft Atlantic, and a Dumas Coast Guard. The tugs use the frame and can easily handle 1/8 scales. In the middle of the frame there is a cowl catcher that also stops low floating riggers from going underneath.

The Coast Guard uses a floating hook to drag in the boats.

I like the frame myself it's slower on the way out to the stricken boat but its faster on the way in and you are not dragging the boat in backwards and swamping it.

The Vac-U-Tow we're using now fits in a Stanley toolbox so it's handy to pack along.

54b3dcbb-7053-46f7-96bf-9d71ba35d284_zps0ad0ccb9.jpg

P1000775_zps20d8a8c8.jpg

We've been using a few different rescue boats over the years, Vac-U-Tug, Vac-U-Tow, Aquacraft Atlantic, and a Dumas Coast Guard. The tugs use the frame and can easily handle 1/8 scales. In the middle of the frame there is a cowl catcher that also stops low floating riggers from going underneath.

The Coast Guard uses a floating hook to drag in the boats.

I like the frame myself it's slower on the way out to the stricken boat but its faster on the way in and you are not dragging the boat in backwards and swamping it.

The Vac-U-Tow we're using now fits in a Stanley toolbox so it's handy to pack along.

54b3dcbb-7053-46f7-96bf-9d71ba35d284_zps0ad0ccb9.jpg

Wow Brian! I like that setup. I think I am going to build something very similar. Sure beats the river raft way I have been doing. Great pictures. Very clear. Thank you for the post. Ken

Zippkits tugster 12 feet of fishing line a tennis ball or pool noddle. Circle the boat and bring it home
Just one ball. Drag it out circle the boat you will see the boat move when it hangs up on the boat and pull it in. the line it's self will stay on top of the water. I have found this much easier then trying to line up and push a boat and half time when pushing you loose the boat before you get it back.

Back