Electric Starter for Nitro Outboard.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giuseppe gallegra

Hi guys, which, according to you, is the best electric starter, for power, lightness and in handling performance,

for use with the flywheel of all nitro engines outboard ?

Thanks and Regards

Giuseppe - Italy

I use the 12v Sullivan starter, Speedmaster handle with a 4C 4000mah LiPo attached. This is starting my 11cc just fine. Will find out next week to see how it'll start a 13cc.

The Boris Mazor Starter will start any boat you will ever try to start. Maybe even your car.

I use on gas with geezer wheel and nitro boats. Dynatron is great if you only do outboards. If you try gas, Boris Mazor.

Bill

I also have a Dynatron 24v that was used in the past. Got tired of bringing two batteries to use for power. As the question at hand is for outboards, I don't see Boris's being a top contender. Nothing against Boris's starter, IMO it was built for inboards w/starter belts. Granted, there are some conversions out there that use inboard motors (w/belts) on the outboards, but they are few compared to the main outboards. I'm certain one could use Boris's starter, but it's tough to use a pinkie to engage the starter button. If the starter button could be moved to the other end, then my choice would be for Boris's.

Until then, here's my starter setup.

D7A35939-CCA2-4B1F-A1E0-824D71EB2AB6_zpshgntiy9s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't beat Sullivan's starters. I've used the Dynatron for many, many years on my helis.

I'm certain one could use Boris's starter, but it's tough to use a pinkie to engage the starter button. If the starter button could be moved to the other end, then my choice would be for Boris's.
Perhaps, but think of it another way. I have Boris' starter, and I'm primarily an Outboard guy. Just flip your wrist and let the weight of the starter engage the flywheel. I use this to start my .21 and .46 Outboards. It works great! And, as previously noted, this thing will start your truck if you get in a bind!!!

obstarter.jpg

-Joey

I also have a Dynatron 24v that was used in the past. Got tired of bringing two batteries to use for power. As the question at hand is for outboards, I don't see Boris's being a top contender. Nothing against Boris's starter, IMO it was built for inboards w/starter belts. Granted, there are some conversions out there that use inboard motors (w/belts) on the outboards, but they are few compared to the main outboards. I'm certain one could use Boris's starter, but it's tough to use a pinkie to engage the starter button. If the starter button could be moved to the other end, then my choice would be for Boris's.

Until then, here's my starter setup.

Hello Mark,

i have see in the photo of you dynatron starter that you have attached in the reply of my topic about the electric starter this decal or sticher of IMPBA.

Please, let me know where i can buy.

Thanks and Best Regards

Giuseppe Gallegra - Italy.

D7A35939-CCA2-4B1F-A1E0-824D71EB2AB6_zpshgntiy9s.jpg

I use the dynatron with 4 cell lipo also. I have the speed master handle fitted for inboards and left the original switch on the side for outboards, Just made up a small lead to reverse the starter for outboards. Works 100% 7.5o/boards and 90 inboards

I use the dynatron with 4 cell lipo also. I have the speed master handle fitted for inboards and left the original switch on the side for outboards, Just made up a small lead to reverse the starter for outboards. Works 100% 7.5o/boards and 90 inboards
Dido. Dynatron on 4s with standard switch for outboards. Only way to fly. Plenty of torque without being too much RPM.

Took me 5 starters before settling on this combo.

Latest posts

Back