JAE Mini Sprint Motor

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamHeiser

Hello ,

I am wondering what a good motor and prop combo would be to get insane speeds out of a Mini Sprint. I had one set up with a 4400kv outrunner on 2s with a X435 , and it just wasn't fast enough. I saw a video of some guy who set his up to hit 45-50 mph. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

A friend runs a AC mega motor 4500kv on 3s and it is insanely fast, best info found on offshore electrics forum

Is there a way to get that kind of performance out of a 2s setup? I have all the batteries to set up a 2s boat.

With the stock set up per instructions from ZipKits I am getting honest low 40s with modified X430 (leading edge reduced back cut trailing edge), high 30's without the prop tuning. X435 is too much on air cooled stock motor and esc in my opinion, too much load on the motor and headed for a meltdown. JMHO

Wally , what are your views on the stock setup with a Y535? I have a friend who has that setup and he says he hasn't had a problem yet.

Back