Huntsville July 14-16, 2017 Speed Trial

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill,

Me, Mike and Ron Talley plan to come up to help out and test a couple of props. There is quite a bit of difference in the water here in our pond and the water in Huntsville.

-Carl

Who all is coming out to try and beat some records?

attachicon.gif
Jul_2017_TT.jpg

Wally Talley actually came pretty close to the record with his 3.5 Sport Tunnel hull.
Wally? LOL That's funny. I thought it was Mitch Talley... Yes, he did lay down a fairly good pass considering the heat. We built a boat we call the STX. It is a conventional design O/B tunnel. His fast pass was within 0.16 seconds of matching the current record that Tommy Lee booked back in the spring when the air was still nice and cool. We put that one away and are waiting for fall to get here. I think that there will be a lot of straight line action in Huntsville this fall. We are bringing 9 boats ourselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty impressive to be that close considering not having good air quality
We were happy with it. We were mainly interested in what prop was going to work best on it. We are testing and tuning at 130 feet above sea level here at home plus we get a lot more tail lift from the water here in our pond. Typically we have to add at least an ounce of weight to our boats in order to stay on the water in when we go to the Huntsville site. But if you know it going in its no problem but if you forget...you will do a big fat backwards flip about half way down the track.

-Carl

Latest posts

Back