Blazer Marine Sling Shot rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane Bastick

Has anyone built and run the Blazer Sling Shot rigger,

just wondering people thoughts on the boat

thanks

Shane

I'm building one right now. Did loads of reseach between many gas riggers and ended up picking the Slingshot. I have built a Backlash and also have a Whiplash both of whaich are fantanstic running boats. Blazers are great to work with and I would highly recommend any of the Blazer kits.

thanks Bill,

would it handle a 27cc Alpha
I have built 4 of them and they are awesome boats. Easy to build and run excellent with both small and big block Zenoah motors. I don't think it would run the same unless changes are made to account for the CMB motors heavier weight.

My current Slingshot.

D08507D9-605A-4810-AAB8-8C7742CD8488.jpeg

New boat Im building for my Alpha motor

99BA28AE-D34F-47CA-94C8-629649FDDC72.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Slingshot looks great !!

thanks Bill,

I have built 4 of them and they are awesome boats. Easy to build and run excellent with both small and big block Zenoah motors. I don't think it would run the same unless changes are made to account for the CMB motors heavier weight.
My current Slingshot.
attachicon.gif
attachicon.gif

thanks Bill,

My current Slingshot.

attachicon.gif

attachicon.gif
great boats William,

is the Alpha boat your own design

thanks Bill,

My current Slingshot.

attachicon.gif

attachicon.gif
great boats William,

is the Alpha boat your own design
Yes.

I saw many Slingshots run at the 2017 NAMBA Nationals in Las Vegas. They were very fast, handled the rough water like a dream and made a BIG impression on me. I just purchased one that was built by Bob Blazer and can't wait to get it in the water soon!

Go for it
default_biggrin.png

Here is mine running this last weekend in the District 13 race at SOWEGA in Georgia. I jumped the start by about two boat lengths then proceeded to lay the hammer down and lap the field for a first place finish. Took first place overall for the weekend.

https://youtu.be/ZCC8l3RCwtI

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is mine running this last weekend in the District 13 race at SOWEGA in Georgia. I jumped the start by about two boat lengths then proceeded to lay the hammer down and lap the field for a first place finish. Took first place overall for the weekend.

https://youtu.be/ZCC8l3RCwtI
Your boat is running really well, good job.
Thanks Bob! That was with the turn fin you sent me the week before. It turns much better now than it did with the turn fin I had been using before (from a different manufacture).

Something else to note from the video I posted is how much quieter my boat is compared to all the others. Fast boats do not have to be loud. People need to start making a better effort to soften to tone of their boats.

Back