Help Support IntlWaters by donating using the link above.
Photo

3rd Channel needle

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 Danny King

Danny King

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

Good to know terry.
For me the Ferrette is the choice. The easiest to fit in tight places and the OS needle is great.

#17 john v

john v

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:31 PM

I have always used john otto mix control, never a problem

#18 JUSTINROGERS

JUSTINROGERS

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 06:35 PM

Have and update. I got the Champion base with the two banjo fittings and the .12-.21 needle doesn't work. With the needle bottomed out and the needle base bottomed out you still get fuel flow and way to much at that. Got home and put the .45-101 needle in it and I can now get no fuel flow so time to finish the 40 hydro and will test the needle again when I go to break in the 40.

#19 Terry Keeley

Terry Keeley

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:48 AM

Have and update. I got the Champion base with the two banjo fittings and the .12-.21 needle doesn't work. With the needle bottomed out and the needle base bottomed out you still get fuel flow and way to much at that. Got home and put the .45-101 needle in it and I can now get no fuel flow so time to finish the 40 hydro and will test the needle again when I go to break in the 40.

If you use the long tapered OS needle (12 -21 as you call it) it won't seat in the straight fitting, you havta use one of the smaller diameter banjo fittings.

Edited by Terry Keeley, 07 October 2018 - 09:48 AM.

#20 JUSTINROGERS

JUSTINROGERS

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 12:55 PM

I am using both banjo fittings

Attached Files

#21 David Murany

David Murany

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 02:40 PM

You want to use the needle with no groove regardless of what they call it.

#22 JUSTINROGERS

JUSTINROGERS

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 03:18 PM

Correct. Thats what I found out the hard way lol.

#23 Terry Keeley

Terry Keeley

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:15 PM

Funny, I'm using the fine tapered needle (the one with the groove) so far in my 20 mono and my 67 SAW boat.

Like I said it's too small to work with the straight fitting but it's definitely working for me with the banjo fitting as the seat.

My 20 mono flows 3 3/4 on an old school propane meter and ranges from about 2 3/4 - 4 3/4.

My SAW boat with a mild set up flows 8-10.

What problem were you having? 

Edited by Terry Keeley, 07 October 2018 - 04:16 PM.

#24 JUSTINROGERS

JUSTINROGERS

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:22 PM

Funny, I'm using the fine tapered needle (the one with the groove) so far in my 20 mono and my 67 SAW boat.

Like I said it's too small to work with the straight fitting but it's definitely working for me with the banjo fitting as the seat.

My 20 mono flows 3 3/4 on an old school propane meter and ranges from about 2 3/4 - 4 3/4.

Put it in my 20 hydro and I can't get it to down enough. With the needle bottomed out and the arm bottomed out I was still getting to much fuel. Idk what is going on then. How long ago did you get yours? Maybe they changed the size of the hole in the banjo bolt

#25 Terry Keeley

Terry Keeley

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:32 PM

Put it in my 20 hydro and I can't get it to down enough. With the needle bottomed out and the arm bottomed out I was still getting to much fuel. Idk what is going on then. How long ago did you get yours? Maybe they changed the size of the hole in the banjo bolt

Just got mine a few months ago, was the same as the one I got 2 yrs ago.

What's the minimum you can flow?

#26 JimZaremski

JimZaremski

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 06:42 PM

Mike Hallam  I did not think your Heath Kit radio had a 3rd channel

ouch

#27 JUSTINROGERS

JUSTINROGERS

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 06:44 PM

Just got mine a few months ago, was the same as the one I got 2 yrs ago.

What's the minimum you can flow?

I'm buddy didn't have his meter with him. With everything bottomed out I was still able to blow air through it. So I said the hell with it and threw the boat in and got up on plane but not on the pipe. I am finishing my 40 hydro now and should be braking it in and will bring the 20 boat and retest the needle again.

#28 Alan Elzer

Alan Elzer

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:29 PM

Terry.. I've got both assemblies (the world & Don's) no issues

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk