Who makes the best cracker box hulls for gas engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darin christensen

I`ve got a cracker box with good running gear and hardware , but my cracker box hull is an abused disaster (not by me) By the time repairs are done I`m thinking the hull will be very heavy and the cost of materials will make it not worth the time. I`m thinking it might be best to just find another hull and transfer all my running gear and hardware. So now the question of who makes the best cracker box hulls in fiberglass in around a 47" length I really don`t want anything longer. Any info is appreciated and if anyone has a nice used hull I would consider that also. Thanks for looking
default_smile.png

Love the crackerboxes ! If your not set on a fiberglass hull, zippkits makes a very nice wooden kit for $89 , very easy to build and pretty tough and easy to repair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a big fan of the Insane Cracker...I bought mine used and repainted it and changed the setup based on Michaud's original instructions. It runs like a mono. Won District championship with it and 2nd at the NAMBA Nats last year.

I got a deal for you!!!! You pay for the shipping and you can have a not so new only entered in a race one time un-harmed Crackerbox!! It was built by Mark Walter off from the mold my Dad made but with four other Crackers I never spent the time to dial it in? I'll give you the hull, servos, and hardware the way she sits. Got a pretty paint job too!!! Send me an email and I can send you some pics how's that??

Later!!

Pat

PS. My email addy is; [email protected]. Sorry about the double post??

I have a wood Crackerbox, built by Mike Crawford (Woodstuff boats). It is built, but needs the deck put on. If someone wants it, you just pay shipping.

Hi Bob. I'll take it as long as shipping to NY isn't crazy. We are trying to get that class growing in IMPBA D1. I'll make sure it gets used. PM sent. Thanks ..... Randy

I got a deal for you!!!! You pay for the shipping and you can have a not so new only entered in a race one time un-harmed Crackerbox!! It was built by Mark Walter off from the mold my Dad made but with four other Crackers I never spent the time to dial it in? I'll give you the hull, servos, and hardware the way she sits. Got a pretty paint job too!!! Send me an email and I can send you some pics how's that??

Later!!

Pat

PS. My email addy is; [email protected]. Sorry about the double post??
E-mail sent Thank you
default_smile.png

Insane Boats is #1 in my book. My boat has been simply AWESOME! I also have an Hyperformance Products hull that has been getting better and better with work, it's very fast but doesn't turn as good as my Insane yet...

I LOVE Crackers, such a FUN class to race

At the time the boat was built the NAMBA rules for Cracker were not totally clear on the degrees of angle. it wasn't found out til after the rule was clarified regarding the angle. I know Jeff had plans to fix this in the mold before he sold Insane to Steve Lopez. I don't know if it did get done. But in my opinion an Insane Cracker even with a little filler outperforms most others. I made some tweaks to the original recommended set up and mine turns like a mono and stays on the water when most others roll or kite.

Back