98-00 Miss Madison Newton Plans

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom galdys

]I'm looking for Newton plans and graphics for the White/Yellow U-6 Miss Madison. The plans should be numbered 176- 8606. There is a picture of the boat on MLBoatworks. I believe it was only run one time in Madison and then they changed the color. Newton has plans for the repainted boat 176A but how do I get the plans for 176. Also need graphics for the White hull. Any help would be appreciated. Tom Galdyshttp://woodrcboatkits.com/index.php/scale-kits/scale-hydroplane-kits/1-8-scale/1-8th-scale-newton-138-mhr-8866.html

Last edited by a moderator:
tom , are you going to race 1/8 scale next year ? ....I have a almost finished miller 1/8 scale I,ll sell you cheap ....bob

Tom,

Get with Wesley customs about the graphics. Great service.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

newton plan no. 176-8806 ?

99-00 miss madison ?

white ? yellow ?

ML frame kit with RC BC cowl ?

wes ellet will make the graphics from photos

MHR here : http://namba.com/content/library/scale/namba_mhr.pdf

U-6 Miss Madison 1991176-A
Master Hull Roster#

Price: $20.00 - $75.00
Product Prices SKU Layout Price Qty. 176-A All Three Sheets $75.00 176-A-1 Sheet #1 - Paint Scheme $35.00 176-A-2 Sheet #2 - 3 View Layout $20.00 176-A-3 Sheet #3 - Bulkheads $20.00
1999_U-6_Miss_Madison___Master_Hull_8806-405x300.jpg

2000_U-6_Miss_Madison_Hull_8806.jpg

RCBoatCompany.com_part_SG118C-M_Miss_Madison_MH_8806.jpg

W450-48637_2000-006-031319copy.jpg

W450-65355_2000-006-011319copy.jpg

1999_U-6_Miss_Madison_Hull_8806.jpg

Thank you for the info. I have everything ordered but I don't know where to get the Newton plans. The problem I'm having is the plan 176A is for the yellow boat. I need the color scheme for the white boat and the full set of plans. I have seen that there was a set of plans numbered 176 for the white boat. Where can I order the plans? I've gone to the Newton website and I can't get the current contact info????? Can someone help me out with that? Thanks Tom Galdys

Tom, send pics when your done. The plans will be the same white or yellow.

Newton Marine for the plans, do a search for David Newton.

U6 Madison 99 05.jpg

U6 Madison 99 07.jpg

U6 Madison 99 04.jpg

U6 Madison 99 03.jpg

U6 Madison 99 03.jpg

U6 Madison 99 02.JPG

U6 Madison 99 01.jpg

I have 4 sets of front wings for my boat. Cheap parts just sprayed a a color that way if they break it's not that big of a deal.

I'm measuring twice and cutting only once. I just want a second opinion, trust me I believe in the one who gave me the 1st one. On my offset Miss Madison, Does the engine and driveline go in the center of the boat or does it go in the center line of the offset?

IIRC, the driveline was centered in the boat, not the engine bay. That said, if you're using a flex shaft, you can just bend the stuffing tube to make it line up with the engine

I'm measuring twice and cutting only once. I just want a second opinion, trust me I believe in the one who gave me the 1st one. On my offset Miss Madison, Does the engine and driveline go in the center of the boat or does it go in the center line of the offset?
If it was me I would offset it to center of the boat. That's the way I would build it. You'll probably have about 10'different answers.

If it was me I would offset it to center of the boat. That's the way I would build it. You'll probably have about 10'different answers.
Tom, which way are you offsetting the engine bay, to the left or right? I know, this is a personal taste question and you'd probably get as many lefts as you do rights for recommendations. Come to think about it, you might even get a few saying to put the engine bay in the center as well
default_wacko.png

The tub is offset 5/8" to the right. That's the way the Newton Plans have it. The tub is still 5"wide and MLboatworks cut everything to copy the Newton plans. MLboatworks does a great job. So that means the cowl and turbine are also offset so putting the engine on the boat centerline would wreak havoc in the middle. So the big question is, can I center the engine in offset tub and run the drive line 5/8" right of center using IMPBA rules or does the rule state the prop must be in center of boat? Thanks Tom

kinda depends on how light you build

as build gets lighter, makes more sense to offset left to keep that side down

conversely, above a certain weight, it really does not matter

See how your cowling fits first. If you offset the motor left then the cowling might not fit. If it's nitro. Ive had that problem before.

Back