Turn Fins

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbo Whalen

Supporting Member
Hello-

After a 25 yr. hiatus from the sport, we thought we'd get back into it. I'm having a bit of a time finding a turn fin for an outrigger hydro.

I need a source for one for a JRX 45 flat plane hydro. Dick Tyndall tells me he's all backed up with work now, and Randy Rapedius doesn't do

any for nitro anymore.

Could someone please help me out here?

Thanks, in advance.

tim

unnamed.jpg

I build turnfins. The JAE 45 is 30 plus shipping. 8 in the US. More else where depending. Built from 7075

Mike

I'm going to second that mention on Mikes work...hes done a few I have for the jae style platform and they rock....

Zipp is a good option,CMDI doesn't work well with a Jae and Mike made me a turnfin for my Jae 45 that is my first choice. Gill

Mike's turn fins are top shelf. I've used his 20 and 40 sport hydro fins, and they will make Phil Thomas's hulls turn like outriggers.

Here you see a comparison of the 3 turnfins for a JAE21, probably the same as for the 45 turn fin.

All the turnfins will work but from what I've been told the Preusse fin is a better fin for rougher water......

Clipboard01.jpg

Just something I whipped up for a local boater. He needed a bracket also. Made him an adjuster as well. Spent the afternoon in the shop last saturday. Gave him some pointers on how he should set it up.

20170520_191237.jpg

20170520_191229.jpg

Just something I whipped up for a local boater. He needed a bracket also. Made him an adjuster as well. Spent the afternoon in the shop last saturday. Gave him some pointers on how he should set it up.
Guess he races counter clockwise.
default_ohmy.png

yep, had to keep reminding myself when building it backwards. Dont sharpen the wrong side. LOL

I build turnfins. The JAE 45 is 30 plus shipping. 8 in the US. More else where depending. Built from 7075

Mike
Thanks, Mike...does that include sharpened and polished, too?...I would want to drill my own mounting holes. The JRX is similar to a JAE in that it's a flat plane, but runs rear sponsons rather than ski box set-up.

Here you see a comparison of the 3 turnfins for a JAE21, probably the same as for the 45 turn fin.

All the turnfins will work but from what I've been told the Preusse fin is a better fin for rougher water......

attachicon.gif
Clipboard01.jpg
Thanks for that, Paul... Well, guess that settles it- Mike it is!...Mike, I'll be in touch in a bit. Still waiting on the boat to get finished.

Thanks a bunch for all of the input, guys.

tim

Back