Futaba 3PK Help - Receivers won't bind

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaxracer

Hey guys, having an issue binding 603FS receivers to my Futaba 3PK with the 2.4 FASST module. It works with one receiver but will not bind to any others. Tried at least 3 different receivers and nothing works, after pressing the bind button the light turns red and then switches to flashing green. I want to say the module is bad but given that it still works with one receiver I'm not sure.

I've tried:

-Unplugging everything

-Putting it in a different boat

-Getting as far away from radio signals as possible

-Pressing the bind button on the radio and the receiver

-Pressing it again

-Making sure HRS is turned off in the radio

-Resetting the models in the radio

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

-Mitch

Change the setting from C 2 to C 1. The 603 receivers have to be on C 1. Default is C 2, also you have to set each model that you use those receivers on to C 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitch

Some hidden Futaba info I found regarding the flashing lights etc. The red light goes on first for 0.5 seconds "parameter check" and then goes to another light. The blinking green light indicates the fail safe mode is activated by the tactile switch of the module in PPM mode if that makes sense. If the red and green blink alternately it means the EEPROM is bad. After binding, the green blinking light means it is receiving signal but ID is unmatched which sounds like what you are experiencing. Try what Mark suggested also.

Bill Hoch

Change the setting from C 2 to C 1. The 603 receivers have to be on C 1. Default is C 2, also you have to set each model that you use those receivers on to C 1.
Hey Mark, where do I find that in the radio? I flipped through the menus and didn't see it.

Thanks!

-Mitch

I think Mark is thinking about the 4pk radios. Did you try and bind one of the receivers with no servos plugged in to it ?

Mitch

Did you try what Steve Ball mentioned about changing the model designation. I always used a different model designation with each receiver so maybe that might be something to consider. Never tried binding different receivers with the same model designation.

Bill

Mitch

Did you try what Steve Ball mentioned about changing the model designation. I always used a different model designation with each receiver so maybe that might be something to consider. Never tried binding different receivers with the same model designation.

Bill
Yessir. Tried that as well to no avail. This thing has definitely got me stumped.

-Mitch

Mitch

That is a stumper for sure. Did you make sure the fail safe mode is off in PPM which would give you a green blinker too.

Bill

The bind button is on the receiver not the module.

The only thing that would stop it from binding is being in PCM modulation mode.

It will bind only in PPM and HRS.

There is only one bind button and that is on the receiver. Leave the button on the module alone it is not part of binding.

Make sure it is in PPM or HRS (not PCM) and push and hold the receiver switch down until it goes solid green and if that doesn't happen with more than one time to try troubleshooting with a known good radio and see if it will accept the receivers.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1 Bring the transmitter and the receiver close to each other within one meter.

2 Turn on the transmitter. Note: Check the LED on the module.

Parameter check for 0.5 seconds after power-on Red: On Transmitting signals Green:

On F/S is activated by the tactile switch of the module. (PPM mode)

Green: Blink Unrecoverable failure (EEPROM, etc.) Red and Green turn on alternatively. PCM is improperly selected. Red: Blink 3 Turn on the receiver. 4 Push the tactile switch of the receiver.

Note: Check the LED of the receiver.

No signal reception Red : On

Receiving signals Green: On

Receiving signals, but ID is unmatched. Green: Blink

Unrecoverable failure (EEPROM, etc.) Red and Green turn on alternatively.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel

Sounds like he has tried most things already. I wonder how long he is holding down the button on the receiver. You must hold it down for a few seconds and not just hit it and let it go.

Bill

Tom
Yes they can. The only issue that I have seen is that the fail safe does not work. Jerry Dunlap had a electric boat setup for his son with old analog 3PK with 2.4 module. Boat dove underwater while going thru the turn and drove itself to the bottom. Popped up a couple of heats later. I use to run the 3PJ with the module and had no issues binding to 603FS/FF. Like mention above, it has to not be in PCM mode.
Mike

Tom
Yes they can. The only issue that I have seen is that the fail safe does not work. Jerry Dunlap had a electric boat setup for his son with old analog 3PK with 2.4 module. Boat dove underwater while going thru the turn and drove itself to the bottom. Popped up a couple of heats later. I use to run the 3PJ with the module and had no issues binding to 603FS/FF. Like mention above, it has to not be in PCM mode.
Mike
OK got to bind and changed to PPM mode however it goes back to HRS and must be reset each time I turn the radio on and off .

Not ever owning a 3PK, I not sure how to help with that. Maybe try a different model slot. Maybe dig thru the manual. Give Grimracer a call. He always has the ears of the futaba tech boys.

Tom
Do you still try and pull out your antenna when running boats.......LOL First couple of times I did when I switched over. Welcome to the new age, which is now discontinued. Try and pick up some receivers when you can. Since their is no one making them. They do come up from time to time.
Mike

The other thing to consider is that there is lots of 2.4 items being used, so if you are in a high traffic environment you want the transmitter and receiver close and it may take longer than you think for the link to be made. Make sure your battery is fully charged as well. Then most radio protocols require you to turn off the receiver, then turn off the transmitter, then turn the trans back on then the receiver to verify the link is successful.

Back