Nitro Engine Squish Gauges

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel's Racing

Vendor
IN STOCK READY TO SHIP !!

IseRr9h.jpg

Engine squish gauges for sale. They will accurately measure the squish with flat, dished or domed piston and/or button profiles. Has reduced diameter plunger to retain the strength of the adapter where it screws in the button. Very easy to get your squish perfect and you can record the contact measurement for each of your engines and accurately measure the squish at any time before or after shim changes.

$75 digital plus $5 USPS priority shipping in states and $20 international shipping.

IseRr9h.jpg

RsglXQ8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These are nice gauges and remove all room for error so you get a accurate squish reading everytime.

Thank you,

Hey Dan I'll take one shipped to the UK, send me you PayPal address and I'll get you paid for a digital set.

Cheers

Steve

Hey Dan I'll take one shipped to the UK, send me you PayPal address and I'll get you paid for a digital set.

Cheers

Steve
Steve,

I can make this for you but the price I pay for the gauges has increased by $10 since this thread was started.

Will $70 plus the shipping be ok with you ? The shipping would be about $15 First class or $28 Priority ?

Daniel,

How do you calculate head clearance using this gauge with a dome/dished piston motor? In some nitro engines I've found the dome of the piston to contact the head button before the outer edge. In this case I've had to cut the button on the same angle as the piston and cc the button for proper compression ratio. I have a similar gauge to the one you're offering but have never figured out how to make it work with anything but flat top piston engines. In all others I've found plasti-gauge to be the only option. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks, Ron

Daniel,

How do you calculate head clearance using this gauge with a dome/dished piston motor? In some nitro engines I've found the dome of the piston to contact the head button before the outer edge. In this case I've had to cut the button on the same angle as the piston and cc the button for proper compression ratio. I have a similar gauge to the one you're offering but have never figured out how to make it work with anything but flat top piston engines. In all others I've found plasti-gauge to be the only option. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks, Ron
Ron,

It's easy, zero the gauge with the head sitting on top of the piston! In my opinion this is the only way to be accurate with any domed piston.

Daniel,

Thanks, Ron
Ron,

It's easy, zero the gauge with the head sitting on top of the piston! In my opinion this is the only way to be accurate with any domed piston.

So you're ok with setting head clearance anywhere you get your desired number? In the case of the DD Nova .21 (mine anyway) if I tried to set my head clearance at 6thou at the outer edge of the piston, the dome would make contact with the button. If I remember correctly the outer edge would have to be 11thou or so to have any clearance at the dome. In the case of the Picco .45 with a dome piston, everyone I know was cutting the dome off to get the head volume right. Just trying to understand how to use the tool.

Daniel,

Thanks, Ron
Ron,

You usually have the engine completely apart so just set the button on top of the piston and zero the gauge before you assemble and this will give you point of contact. Once it is assembled rotate to TDC and you will be able to read the clearance.

Oops sorry I see it was already discussed.

Hi Duke,

If you don't have any luck, Ken Retallick her in Australia can supply these with his adapters for standard and turbo plug heads.

[email protected]
Thanks.
Duke,

Sorry man I hadn't seen your post until now.

Yes I can make you one up. Do you want a analogue or digital model ?
Daniel,

Do you have a picture of the digital version?

I'm leaning towards the digital.
Duke,

I have a picture of the gas model squish gauge. The gauges themselves are Chinese ones from Harbor Freight that work really well.

Let me get back ton you with a picture in a bit.

Back