Texan sport .12 saw boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
After our great time at SpeedWeek a few weeks ago, my wife Donna decided she would like to try her hand at record setting. After a short discussion we thought a sport hydro would be fun to try! I finished designing the boat 4 days ago and now the hull is complete. Since I have never built a saw sport hydro, I'm sure it will take several design iterations . The finished hull as you see in this pic weights 9.4 oz. I'm hoping for a RTR weight at a few oz over 1 lb.

GQ

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Glenn,

I don't think that boat is going to need too many alterations at all.

Looks AWESOME !!!

Man can you build one beautiful boat after another.

I would try a 1519-23-38% "Game Changer" and see how it runs.

Maybe Jim will have to make 1419-23-38% if the 1519 is too much.

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
nice outboard tunnel center section there
default_wink.png

Good luck to Donna (and yourself of course)

I hope to get me wife to do some SAW runs later this year also

Thanks Kris! Yeah it does kinda look like that doesn't it! We'll see how it works on a sport hydro! If I can get it running good enough I know she will do an awesome job driving it! Gonna build her a two lap boat as well after I learn some stuff from this one!

GQ

Looking great Glenn as always. I can't wait to see what you have planned for that Novarossi .61 best of luck to you both.

Sweet! Is that CF veil on the top?
Thanks Terry! Yes it is carbon veil. I have never used it over such a big surface and I'm finding it hard to make it look like I want and keep the weight down.GQ
Yup, soaks in epoxy like a sponge. Might havta bag the next one?
default_rolleyes.gif
Yeah either bag it or just leave the balsa with a seal coat of epoxy. These things only need to last for a couple months!!

GQ

Sweet! Is that CF veil on the top?
Thanks Terry! Yes it is carbon veil. I have never used it over such a big surface and I'm finding it hard to make it look like I want and keep the weight down.GQ
Yup, soaks in epoxy like a sponge. Might havta bag the next one?
default_rolleyes.gif
Yeah either bag it or just leave the balsa with a seal coat of epoxy. These things only need to last for a couple months!!

GQ
Coupla passes!
default_tongue.png

I had a chance to weight the boat with everything in it. It looks like it's gonna be just a bit over 1.5 lbs RTR (1 lb 9 oz). Just for fun here is a pic with it next to my saw rigger.

image.jpeg

Back