pistol grip transmitter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like my skyfly FS it.4 got way more features that you'll ever need for a boat and you can use it for your cars if you have Cars 2 or if you don't need a lot of model memory the tactic 3 Channel is also a good radio only problem with it is it's only one bottle

John Futaba has some good stuff out now in the USA.(new radio's for late 2017/2018) Try AMainhobbies. tower hobbies has gone to **** in my opinion not unless you want to backorder a backordered backorder.

John,

The Futaba T-FHSS systems are very nice.. also.. I use the "Diversity" rxs like the 324.. you will really like em!

Grim

Sad but true. Only the high end 4PX still has it and only for 4 channel receivers. The FHHS does not compare to FASST

Last edited by a moderator:
Fons, Yes.. they are moving away from FASST.. (not sure when the end will come but I suspect RXs will be available for many years.)

FHSS is a tick better then Fasst.. but they both are good and reliable but FHSS is a bit better in my testing. Just like the FASST, FS (dual ant) receivers we use... we want to use the "Diversity" (dual ant) receivers in FHSS..

Grim

Fons, Yes.. they are moving away from FASST.. (not sure when the end will come but I suspect RXs will be available for many years.)

FHSS is a tick better then Fasst.. but they both are good and reliable but FHSS is a bit better in my testing. Just like the FASST, FS (dual ant) receivers we use... we want to use the "Diversity" (dual ant) receivers in FHSS..

Grim
Grim,

Interested in your comments, can you give a little more info on this Diversity dual ant. receivers,,,

Where to purchase?

What kinda $$$'s

I have a pair of Futaba 4PLS systems. Love the fact it has four channels(3 is variable with a rotary knob, 4 is switched), lots of memory and telemetry. With a few additions, it will tell you your engine temperature, RPM, drive battery pack voltage and, without adding anything, receiver pack voltage. What more do you need?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad but true. Only the high end 4PX still has it and only for 4 channel receivers. The FHHS does not compare to FASST
Why do you think FHSS is not as good? Im using the 4PX with R324SBS receivers which are T-FHSS and it has been solid.

The hitec lynx 4s radio with the proton receiver is what I use, and it is a great set up. It features all of the bells and whistles the other high end radios have as well as giving you receiver voltage, temperature readings, and a speed reading (when using the proton receiver.) The proton receiver has a built in gps that gives you the MPH reading. Now the problem is that they are discontinuing the proton receiver. There is a 4 channel and 2 channel receiver they will continue to offer as well as the Lynx transmitter. But I do like having a MPH reading to help with testing different things like props, pipes, etc... So it sucks they discontinued their best receiver for that radio. It basically makes the radio the same as the rest of the higher end radios. For me the reason I bought it was it filled all my needs and had the GPS which no other radio has. I stocked up on a few extra proton receivers for other boats. But for someone buying the lynx for the MPH capability, you are going to spend allot of extra money if you want to outfit other boats with that feature. If you can even find any extra receivers at all.

Back