Green Dragon Cowling

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Cathey

Supporting Member
Just pulled the trigger on an ML Boatworks Green Dragon 1/8th scale nitro boat for a fun winter project. Rather not dink around making a plug and mold for the cowling if I don't have to.

The RC Boat Co. doesn't seem to exactly have the correct piece. Looks like I would have to use the high back cowling and cut the front of it to match the correct slope.

Any other sources for the right cowling out there? Duck where did you get yours?

Just pulled the trigger on an ML Boatworks Green Dragon 1/8th scale nitro boat for a fun winter project. Rather not dink around making a plug and mold for the cowling if I don't have to.

The RC Boat Co. doesn't seem to exactly have the correct piece. Looks like I would have to use the high back cowling and cut the front of it to match the correct slope.

Any other sources for the right cowling out there? Duck where did you get yours?
if you mean the 1962-65 bardahl 6240 I suggest modifying the fire wall on RC BC's low back cowl and

making the correct tail fin.

RCBC has the integrated head rest / tail fin cowl for the 1958 bardahl 5840.

SG780C.jpg

W450-59472_1964-040-01GoldCup1319.jpg

RCBoatCo.com_part_SG2400C_1958-61_U-40_Bardahl_Master_Hull_5840.jpg

get-attachment.aspx.jpeg

_65_Bardahl2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

if you mean the 1962-65 bardahl 6240 I suggest modifying the fire wall on RC BC's low back cowl and

making the correct tail fin.

RCBC has the integrated head rest / tail fin cowl for the 1958 bardahl 5840.
Could be. I think I would just slice it in the correct place and glass in a piece of cf plate from the inside to make it right. I am going down to the museum next week to eyeball the boat and take some photos. The 63-65 had an amazing race record. I think over 50 heats w/o a dnf. I grew up looking at the lighted Bardahl sign from our house in Magnolia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, ralph here I think I have leds you need I sold molds to to a club member and got sold to an other, my email is the same, as I moved to lake cushman . I will give you my #

Mike, mine came from Troy, RC Sportscraft, one of the last boats he did. I modified the rear cowl as you suggest and of course made my own tail fin.

RUMOR has it that they were sold to a guy in Texas a few years back. As for what that person is doing with them, who knows.

Don't know Dave. Was never told the person's name. What I was told is that Troy's family wanted an undisclosed specific amount or more for ALL of Troy's molds and someone in Texas eventually stepped up with the cash after several years of them being in storage. Again, this is still from "Rumor Control" so there's no real way to know for sure unless someone comes out and says they have the molds.

Don't know Dave. Was never told the person's name. What I was told is that Troy's family wanted an undisclosed specific amount or more for ALL of Troy's molds and someone in Texas eventually stepped up with the cash after several years of them being in storage. Again, this is still from "Rumor Control" so there's no real way to know for sure unless someone comes out and says they have the molds.
thank you mark

Back