Need Prop Recommendation

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rokieboater

I normally run at higher elevations but will be going to the NAMBA Nats in Texas. I run a Lynx with a stock OS on it. What props are most running at sea level with this set up. Just need a couple to get me in the ball park and then I will test and test some more when I get down there.

Thanks for the advice.

On my Lynx in Florida/ South Carolina I run a x442 lynx cut or a 40/53. Should be around similar elevations!

1440 is a good choice if you can take the time to set it up.
default_smile.png

default_smile.png
This is true BUT, be careful...too much needle with that prop and you will burn your liner. A new O/S piston and sleeve these days will cost you as much as an entire 26cc Gas engine! I will be glad when someone builds a stock engine that will compete with the performance of the O/S outboard... preferably a US brand engine. Monohan had a lot of pull with the guy that owns MECOA but now he's gone.

default_smile.png
This is true BUT, be careful...too much needle with that prop and you will burn your liner. A new O/S piston and sleeve these days will cost you as much as an entire 26cc Gas engine! I will be glad when someone builds a stock engine that will compete with the performance of the O/S outboard... preferably a US brand engine. Monohan had a lot of pull with the guy that owns MECOA but now he's gone.
Agreed. Been there done that!

20180920_104417.jpg

default_smile.png
OS replacement P/S much cheaper now than a Zenoah lol. $139 in stock, less than Tower. That will help keep the costs down for sure. Thanks.

AD52E01D-742E-4BA0-B16D-A2BB2E294F24.png

Back