Looking for a gas scale cowl

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a customer say Jeff Snell has not been replying to their emails. I sure hope he is not walking away from making the T6 gas cowling and wing kit he was offering. That would be a huge loss to the class. Mike

I had a customer say Jeff Snell has not been replying to their emails. I sure hope he is not walking away from making the T6 gas cowling and wing kit he was offering. That would be a huge loss to the class. Mike
I THINK Jeff offered, or planned to offer, a gas scale T6 hull, cowl and wings and a 108-7474 hull and cowl.

I also think that Harvey Knox had a gas scale T6. don't know if wood or glass.

maybe Marty S. will comment about gas scale hulls and cowls.

meanwhile, Wes Ellet has built gas scale master pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harvey Knox was a ML Wood T6 with Jeff Snell Wings and cowling. Even way back then Harvey said it was pain to get a hold of Jeff Snell. Ran pretty good. Needed driver mod.

I've sent Jeff Snell 10 emails. I only got back 1 reply. So I gave up on doing GAS Scale. I wanted to do a Gas version of what I have in 1/8th Scale.

Jeff is a good guy but chooses not to live on the net. I have a boat ordered and will wait as long as it takes.

I have done both.......... You have to remember West coast is in another time zone

I have a potential customer that wants a T3 gas scale cowling, so I think this would fit in line with his needs if you do Wes. He also wants to do the Bud '80 Humpback, and I have a lead on a nice plug that was started to make that cowling. I am trying to acquire that and finish it, which would be an awesome thing to have!

I have a potential customer that wants a T3 gas scale cowling, so I think this would fit in line with his needs if you do Wes. He also wants to do the Bud '80 Humpback, and I have a lead on a nice plug that was started to make that cowling. I am trying to acquire that and finish it, which would be an awesome thing to have!
I made the bubble bud cowl but I havnt made a mold of it yet.

20160924_084401.jpg

I made the bubble bud cowl but I havnt made a mold of it yet.

beautiful boat Wes

thank you for posting photo

do you have a photo of that yellow U6 in the foreground ?

The only problem I see with making a plug and mold for the first three turbine Buds is that they actually used at least FOUR different cowl designs between them before they went to the current cockpit/cowl configuration. The Madison also used THREE different cowls. It used one version with the Allison, a wide based turbine initially and, later, a narrow based turbine. This is where doing some research comes in. Someone that knows the boats might call you out if the cowl configuration used on the model doesn't match the cowl used on the full size boat for the year and paint job being modeled.

I'm just going off the newton plans for the 88 madison and the 88 bud. They are the same from the front to about 2/3rds back. Since the same designer made both at about the same time I assume he went off the same blueprints.

Back