2015 World OB Championships Race Now Open for Entry

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

The 2015 World OB Tunnel Championships race, scheduled for May 1- May 3, is now open for entries on rcracingevents. This is the premier RC tunnel boat race in the world, bar none so plan to attend to mix it up with the best there is.

There is a slight format change anticipate for this year's race. We expect to run 4 or 5 (time and weather permitting) regular heat races. The top qualifiers will then run in a final championship round for final placement of the awards. Those qualifying for the championship round can be comprised of 3 to 6 racers only, IF the points are close enough to run a final heat. Classes of 5 or so boats may not have the points close enough to need a final heat to be run. It will be a decision to be made at the race based upon the conclusion of the regular racing heats. Final award ties will be first broken by the points earned from the regular heat racing and secondly by run offs if needed.

I have made a provision for those that do not have a Paypal account to allow for mail in entries IF needed. If you do have a Paypal account, register and pay at the same time. Refunds will be available until April 15th.

A number of you that have Paypal accounts have entered by mail in registration. That includes all that have entered as of Sunday, 2/1/15 at 8:50 pm EST. I have shut that provision down now. If you have genuine and absolute need to do the mail in option, e mail me at [email protected] Mailing in the funds just increases the workload burden on the club and me. It needs to stop just being a convenience - use Paypal like you do the the Fall Nationals race.

If you are using or plan on using a DSM radio, do NOT register for the race using non DSM or channel radios. I know of several racers that are doing it to totally avoid running against friends or family members. Do not use this method, it is NOT showing good sportsmanship. If you register with a non-DSM channel then run with the non-DSM radio at the race.

The driving directions and motel information are attached. The Lands Inn Motel, a small family owned operation, gives discount rates for boat racers so please ask them for it. It is also the closest motel to the race site.

CMB Motel Information 2015.doc

Attachments

• CMB Motel Information 2015.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:
The 2015 World OB Tunnel Championships race, scheduled for May 1-3, is now open for entries on rcracingevents.com. The information needed is under a different thread in the Races and Events forum. Pay particular note to the format change for the race.

Im In!!!!! So ready to come down and kick some Atwell butt in Gas Tunnel
default_ohmy.png

jonh im in but sorry !!! i put down the wrong FE class im racing in the p limited tunnel class. can you please change this for me ???

Guys,

There is just over 2 weeks remaining to enter this race. If you are thinking about it, please get the stars aligned so you can attend if possible.

Of note the FE P and Open FE Tunnel classes are in need for more entries to come in as both are now well below the class minimum to run the class. If they do not get more into the class, they will be canceled.

John

Come on guys there's lot s of you that can run in open FE , hope it happens but if not there still Q FE .

I am surprised full "P" is gone as we had a few. Anyway part of the issue in re-running the same boat in an open class is recharging time. When we have run 4-5 FE entries the time to manage and charge multiple batteries and chargers safely takes some juggling. You really need to stay near as if something goes wrong you can mitigate the damage. If a fire starts and your on the drivers stand running s heat not everyone knows your equipment. A rare circumstance but I have seen charging fires at a race. A boat by the way is not a good container for charging.

Mic

The closing date for entries is April 23rd. PLEASE pay attention to that date.

ALL payments are due by the same day, April 20th. No pay, no race.

There are several classes that are on the verge of being cancelled due to low entries (<5) and are:

FE P Tunnel

Open FE Tunnel

MOD-VP Tunnel

Sport 20 Kneeler

If any class is canceled at the close of the registration period, you will be refunded the race fee at the race.

John , Ryan and George will go in mod vp they will try to sign up today or tomorrow will that be ok?

Shane,

Absolutely will. Hope will get some more entries for the remaining 3 classes in need. Thanks guys!

Guys,

Due to the lack of entries on the FE P and the Open FE tunnel classes, I have canceled both classes for the race. Refunds, for those that are due them, will be provided at the race.

The race will be open for a couple more days for entries. It will then be closed down for admin work needed to structure the race.

Thanks for all that have expressed interest in the race.

Hey,

If anyone needs something next week in Charleston, go online and purchase with money order as your payment option and I will credit out freight and bring to Charleston and you can pay me there. Thanks.

John,

Just re read the format and want to be clear now rather than a lengthy holdup discussion at the drivers meeting. Weather forecast looks good and boat count should allow 5 rounds easy.

There was no mention of one drop score, so we then go to one extra final heat in each class for the boats with all their earned points carrying over. 3 to 6 boats depending on class size. If at that point one contestant was 500 points in the lead, and couldn't lose position. Would there be a heat run for 2nd on down who were closer in points. Would the leader who had already won run in that heat?

Mic

The class leader after the 5 rounds can choose to run in the championship heat, or not. They will not be made to run, it is up to them. Then the remaining qualifying boats are running for the final positions, 2 through whatever. The points will carry over from the first 5 rounds. No dropped scores.

The remainder of your summation is correct.

I hope we vote at drivers meeting to stick with points across the board. I have never really liked shootout type scenarios as its just like another heat, so luck can get you a great placement instead of consistency. Might as well just run just one heat and get your placement from there.

Ron,

There is NO shootout format. All 5 rounds will run as normal heat racing, each count towards the championship round and you must earn the points to get into that top group. Those points will then transfer into the final round for the top 3-6 racers, depending on the class, as each has earned them through the first 5 rounds. The intent is to put the highest point drivers in each class final championship round.

What's the point of the championship round if the top point holder doesnt have to be in it? Or is there two trophies up for grabs in each class?

Back