carb butterfly

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john bass

who makes the butterfly for walbro carbs with no screws in the center and where can you but them????

I think he may be talking about the style Trent uses at the records trials the butterfly and shaft were one piece. Not sure who made them for him.

Contact Steve at Insane boats, they have them.

Don
default_smile.png

thanks for the help ....i think that the one from insane is the one i am looking for ....waiting for a return phone call......john out

Let us know if he just sells just the butterfly.One of his mod carbs is about $100 last time I checked. I've got one of his 257's.

Last edited by a moderator:
he only sells the complete carb a 257 for 150.00....for that much cash i would expect more than the peace of mind that a screw would not take out ny engine i would be looking for a great performance gain....thanks for all the help...john out.....is there any one out there who has used this carb and has the time to report on its performance???

The insane carb will give you a small but noticeable gain in performance, it gave me 3-5 mph speed increase on my GVwhiplash running a modified 27 Zen. The peace of mind knowing that the carb will not have a screw to possibly fail is worth it. Now they need to make one for the 1048 carb for the big bore motors. Remember performance gains come in small increments from lots of trial and error testing and proper setup not from a magic bolt on part.

he only sells the complete carb a 257 for 150.00....for that much cash i would expect more than the peace of mind that a screw would not take out ny engine i would be looking for a great performance gain....thanks for all the help...john out.....is there any one out there who has used this carb and has the time to report on its performance???
Dang, $150? I was charged $100 three or four years ago.

Another option is ronbuck1 on www.jrcbd.com sells a stainless butterfly though not screwless. It's milled down a bit for better flow and being stainless, less chance of a bent shaft.

Another option, and for the same amount of $ as the insane, you could get a Quickdraw mod wyk33 carby. No butterfly or screw to worry about! Here's one sitting next to a wt257. Get the accutech throttle linkage kit and it hooks up just like a wt style carb. wyk33.jpg

Back