What hydro is better

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brad moore

Just looking to get back in rc boating and was wondering what boat would be the best to go with,, the Insane G4. .or the GX5 Big Boss?.Any info would be appreiated.Thanks.

I think the g4 was for the 26 and the g5 was for the big blocks altho my buddy has a few g4s and he runs them with 26s and 29s and they run very well. I would go for the g4 if I was going to buy one because I have seen the g4 and haven't seen any g5s

G2 's and G3's also work very well with either engine . Don't get all wrapped up in the latest version unless you are a very experienced racer on the edge of very heated competition .

Hi Brad

I have a brand new whiplash for sale go to the section (for sale) everyone know me in district 1 for my built

Brad, I would take a serious look at Marco's Back lash (Whiplash) on the for sale forum. one of the guys in my club has one. Its stable, and its fast fast fast!!!

If I was getting a gas boat this is what I would get.

Jim

Not a big fan of insane boats. My choice would be a whiplash GV. I wish that I never had sold mine a few years ago. The wood whiplash and backlash are great boats too. I currently have a backlash and love it. I also have a CC racing sport hydro and really like it as well. built like a tank.

I have a GX5 with a big block and runs high 60 and handels rough water very well I run with G4 and Gv and they are fast but I think the bigger boat handels the unsettled water better

Brian Bounds has a kick ass Canard he sells and great customer service as well
default_smile.png
I know the feeling when you say it's tough to decide, but at least take a look into it.

For a Sport Hydro I will throw a shout out for Brian's Canard!! We have come a long way with increased speeds with the Canards and they handle so well a Caveman can do it!!! Give Brian a shout!!

Later!!

Pat

Depends what you want to do with it if you race it a backlash is hard to beat, a g4 is what i run they are a good but I really hate the size of the radio box its a massive boat and tiny little radio box and the gx5 is no different but thats the only fault.If its a sport boat they are all great and very similar all comes down to how much you are willing to spend

ML GSX 480 is a good running sport hydro
Actually the GSX480 is a great running sport hydro and I'm betting there will be a lot of surprised people this coming season. Anyone who was at the FallNats @ Charleston this past October got an eye full of what those boats are capable of.
default_cool.png

Back