2014 Fall Nationals Race Results

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

The Fall Nationals race has been completed, and wow, what an intense 3 days of racing from all classes. We had the best weather in several years and the competition level was outstanding. The CMB club graciously thanks all racers that came to the race. The Saturday evening meal hosted by the CMB club and Joe Tumbleston, the property owner and CMB member, for all racers and families, along with the huge bonfire was incredible. If you missed this race you missed a truly outstanding race.

The race results are posted to rcracingevents under the Race Results for the Charleston Model Boaters, 2014 Fall Nationals. We offered and ran 26 classes, more than another race offered by any other club.

Of special note is Jerry Crowther of Seaducer Boats. He won the B, D, E & F Mono classes. He also finished 2nd in the Classic Thunderboat and 3rd in the LSG Mono classes. He placed in all 6 classes he entered. A truly dominant performance. In addition he provided a new 20/B Mono for the raffle and the CMB club greatly appreciates his kindness.

The CMB club sponsors a Twin Rigger Shootout Championship as a feature race. It is normally comprised of the top 3 finishers from the Twin Nitro Rigger and the Twin Gas Rigger classes. This year only 1 gas boat was going into the Shootout so we pulled the top 5 from the Nitro class. The qualifiers were:

Don Ferrette, who won the Twin Nitro class

Tom Foley

Larry Beals

Mark Bullard

Charlie Siler, who traveled from Alaska to race

David Showers Sr, with the only gas entry.

Tom Foley won the Shootout Championship for his first time.

Congratulations to all winners and racers.

The CMB will be hosting the IMPBA Nitro Nationals June 24-27, 2015. We will be using the established National Championship format which consists of 4 days of heat racing only followed by a banquet on Saturday evening. 5 rounds are expected to be run. We hope that MANY will be coming to one of the top 2 premier IMPBA National races each year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a great time, worth the drive from Canada, hope to come back again next year. Thank you to all of the club members who made us feel so welcome and who did a great job every day.

Olly

I love this race for all the great people involved ! Big thanks to the CMB club , Joe Tumblestone for his great hospitality , bonfire , and BBQ and all the racers and family for making it what it is . Anyone who did not have a great time needs to examine their view of life in general !! Next year as always !!

The CMB put on another great race,the weather held out just long enough for perfect racing conditions. I would like to say Congrats to everybody that won some trophies. There was good competition in every class no doubt. I had some very good heats racing Stu...I dont think I have ever raced him that many times at an event,each one were very tight for 6 laps. Glad to see the (Andy)Browns back at the pond.

I do have to say a personal Congrats to Mr. 45 Hydro Fall Nats. Champ Rod H. with a Perfect score he deserved it. Boat looked good,looking forward to Nov. race. Again Congrats to D.3 with all the wood they brought hm...
default_smile.png

I had a blast, so glad Kerri and I were able to break away for the weekend. It was really great to see all the old friends and met a bunch of new. Awesome race and outstanding race action. I did take a few vids and pics. Some vids I took with my phone and are already on facebook, the ones I shot with the camera will be on you tube at some point...lol... Ill see if I can fit the pics on the website....

Great to see all!!!!!!

Doug

Great race and great time CMB as always!!!! Thanks for your hospitality. Our group is already starting to focus on the 2015 WTC!!!!!......
default_smile.png

CMB and everyone that helped. Thank You!!!!

Good friends, perfect water, lots of fast boats and good drivers all made for a great weekend.

I just want to say man that was a rush. I'm so glad that you guy's are there and open armed to new comers and in a sense a first timer racing period. It it wasn't for the case's of fuel that I went through and the support Andy John and Jason Brown getting me back on the water after Dons and my touch . I would have pretty much been done before I started. Even though my hat's off to everyone even the Gass guy's with all of the sideline racing that was fun to.

Can someone get me info on how to get pics and videos?

Alright pass you guys later Charlie

I just want to say man that was a rush. I'm so glad that you guy's are there and open armed to new comers and in a sense a first timer racing period. It it wasn't for the case's of fuel that I went through and the support Andy John and Jason Brown getting me back on the water after Dons and my touch . I would have pretty much been done before I started. Even though my hat's off to everyone even the Gass guy's with all of the sideline racing that was fun to.

Can someone get me info on how to get pics and videos?

Alright pass you guys later Charlie
Charles,

Befriend JJ Johnson or search and like her page, JJ Sports Photos on Facebook. She has posted a ton of media she took of the race.

Just got home to Rochester, NY - where the forecast for the weekend is low 50's and rain (stayed in Charleston for a couple extra days to "wind down") and want to thank the CMB Club and all of the rest of the volunteers for a great time at this year's Fall Nats. Great weather, good racing and most importantly good friends. Looking forward to next October. Cindy & Tom

Wow a big thanks to the CMB club, the racing was awesome and the help we received from everyone was a bonus. Special thanks to Tim Jones/ John Knight for getting us fuel and Stu Barr for bringing some parts. Tim "Alaska Model Boat Club"

Back