What Is Happening in Tacoma,WA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoboat

Curious to see if anyone will break the 1/2A two lap oval this weekend?

Can't wait to see who breaks the record?

I am just a week ahead of time Mike.

Sorry About That,

Hope someone takes some video?

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to Jeff Barnhart for breaking the Sport 20 2 lap record today. He took it back from JD so the rivalry continues.

I managed to break Glenn Quarles' .12 boat into pieces. Well, the right sponson anyway. Just as we were closing in on the record too. Oh well, next spring.

The weather started out a little iffy so the turnout was pretty small, but we had a good time anyway. Thank you to Jerry Dunlap, Jeff Barnhart and Mike Hughes for all their work, you guys rock!

Thanks for putting up with my lame attempts. My main function was to sign Jeff's record. Congratulations. Watch the 1/8 scale electric record this fall and next spring.

Lohring Miller

Thanks guys, it was a fun weekend. I'll post video of the 1/2A hydro attempt tonight.

I think we'll be able to do some damage to the 1/8 scale electric record with Lohring's $bill boat in the spring.

Here's a few photos of Jeff's boat and Jeff. He set the record running an O.S. 21 XZ. Jeff graduated from Gonzaga last spring with an engineering degree. He began racing model boats when he was a freshman in high school.

The hull is a Bruce Mooring "Snake 21" Sport 20 that was built back in 2004 for Mark Anderson. Jeff acquired the hull a couple of months ago.

JD

Here's the link to the .12 hydro attempt!

Sure was a bummer, he was on pace to break the record with the next lap. Glenn has an awesome boat setup.

It's actually a low flying rocket that is disguised as a Texan .12.
default_ph34r.png

Latest posts

Back