1977 KYYX Build. ML kit

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojoinotown

Just got my new ML kit today. Anyone have any photos of this boat. The last pic is Curt Weston's old wood over foam boat from late 70s early 80s. Raced in RCU back in the day. My uncle Raced this actual boat when I was a kid. I always thought it funny he had a Barbie for a driver. Now that I'm older I get it. Lol.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Joey, does this mean you knew Brenda Jones was who boat owner Pat O'Day hired to drive? Rumor has it he did so just to "irk" the guys driving the other boats, kind of like Danica Patrick does in NASCAR today

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an awesome 10 minuet conversation with Pat O'Day a couple years back at Seafair and we talked about the KYYX that Sue Williams attempted the speed record in. It was a pretty cool 10 minuets.http://youtu.be/_S_L_njACJw

One of the few pictures I've seen of this boat

MissKYYX-70s1.jpg

This would be a good hull 7664/year to dig up some info and pics on, I also have only see one pic like the one Glen attached, if someone has anymore pics or info, please pass it on.

I would only "assume" that this is how it ran pre-1982, testing/racing ???, since most of the pics available are of the "Blue" version and different rear cowling.

Geez, Joey,

You're getting to be ALMOST as crazy as I am when it comes to building boats. When do you foresee this one being done?

I am hoping to have it done sometime after the new season starts. I am hoping to build test and tune then sell to start financing 2019 racing season. Taking a break this year but will be back full song 2019.

Leaving some room to try some different sponson options/changes.

68026114-C5BA-4E32-B429-DD037492BF70.jpeg

59C6A029-4000-48EB-95B4-D63A41D17030.jpeg

734D809A-1AF5-4A17-B479-1FB39E637A64.jpeg

Back