silent engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Finch

Supporting Member
Steve Speas passed away unexpectedly last night. He was a good friend for 37 years. I remember the first outing we had with his model boat. He started up his boat on a dock and the u-joints flew apart and went down the cracks between the boards on the dock. I introduced him to flex cable and who would have known we would be running a model boat business together years down the road. He made a lot of boating friends through the Twin Craft boat business and we had a lot of good times learning new things about boats and racing together. I will miss him greatly.

John

Wow. I'm shocked. Steve speas was a great boater. My condolences to His family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible news, John. We lot a great & helpful boater, & I lost a good friend also. Godspeed Steve!

I am at a loss for words at the sudden passing of a friend and fellow boater.............
default_sad.png

I met Steve at several races and learned a lot about monos, and still do not know as much as Steve. The boating people will miss him

Walt Barney

A sad time in the boating community. The best racer I new. NUFF SAID.

Bob and Karen Morton

I was really shocked when John called this morning and told me about Steve. I learned a lot about racing and driving boats from Steve. The best race I ever had with a model boat was racing against Steve. Many years ago we were racing F Monos and Steve got the start and lane one. I followed slightly behind him in lane two for 5 3/4 laps and coming around buoy 6 coming to the finish I stuck it in between buoy 6 and his boat. It was a drag race to the finish! We bumped together 3 times and he beat me by 1/2 a boat length. Next thing I knew the CD was in my face telling me I was DQed. Before I could say anything Steve was in the CD's face saying " Nobody's DQed........we were racing". He was one of the best boat drivers that I ever raced against. If you didn't have a boat that was at least 5 MPH faster than his boat you weren't going to get around him. Certainly not on the inside. Steve was one of the nice guys. We will miss his humor and his presence at the races. Rest in peace, Big Guy.

Dick Tyndall

I only had the pleasure of hanging out with Steve twice and enjoyed every minute of it. One of those guys you like as soon as you meet him.

My heart felt condolences go out to his family and friends.

Rest in peace Mr. Speas.

Doug

Don, John, & Steve Sutton. Remember Ruby Tuesday after a hard day in E-City?? I laugh at all the "unpleasantries" we shared every time I think about it.

I know I started it with the big guy but I'm still not sure I deserved "You'd have to get better to suck". Man, sad day indeed fellas..

Last edited by a moderator:
I am shocked!!!

I've known Steve for as long as I have been playing with boats.. Always a joy to be around and could come up with a solution for any boat problem.. Well my Old Friend You got a bunch of Buddies up there to rehash the old days!! We will truly miss you!!

GodSpeed!!

Pat

Back