Seaducer Twin 101RS EVO H/O 47" Mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeilSharman

Hi All. Thought I'd share my current project with you all since there has been some interest around twin monos on this forum recently and over the years.

I have always wanted a twin mono, not to race, but to enjoy driving, tuning and looking at...

This boat is Jerry's new kit form twin mono he says he is now taking orders for....LOL (Had to throw that in there).

I managed to twist Jerry's arm and he agreed to build 90% of this boat for me. He kindly built the boat around a set of his motors, then disassembled it, removed his engines, and sent it over to me here in Australia.

To complete the boat all I have to do is install the engines, pipes, third channel mixture controls and build the radio box.

I am off to a slow start having recently finished a few other boats, but this boat now has my full attention.

First thing I did when I received the boat was to remove the engine mounts and shoot some black matt into the inside of the hull. I coated the black with some clear gloss.

I am at the point now where I am lining up the third channel mixture controls, unsure of where these will go as I am trying to get them as close to the carbs as possible. I am also trying to lay the radio box out as I plan to run twin water injection.

Here is a list of items going into this build

Hull: Seaducer 47" "Gas" Mono with black hull and Metalflake Deck.

Hardware: Custom Seaducer hardware made by Jerry. The trim tabs look like aeromarine tabs.

Engines: Twin CMB 101RS Evo H/O, modified by Steve Wood. Carbs have been modified for 360 degree rotation.

Pipes: Macs 1385 pipes.

Mufflers: Ken Retallick Custom Made rebuildable aluminium mufflers

Headers are CMB headers with water fittings installed by Ken Retallick for twin water injection.

I'll have more updates as I go. I'll be taking a break from building next week due to work commitments, but hopefully this wont take me too long.

IMG_3707.JPG

IMG_3706.JPG

20160904_170620.jpg

20160906_200858.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Additional photos. How do I post these to they arent upside down? They are up the right way on my computer...

20160904_170635.jpg

20160904_172053.jpg

Look Nice but Big tanks 2 X 28 oz = 56 oz thristy drink for CMB 101 EVO Will you excite to ready to go race
default_biggrin.png
Good Luck!

Yeah I guess its better to shoe horn as much tank in there as possible as they dont look easy to change out.

I plan on getting heads anodized black. Just need to line someone up who can machine the rings back into it for looks.

I am contemplating getting the hardware anodised black as well.

Probably should have mentioned that...X467's prepared by Dasboata.

Going to use that as a starting point. I haven't run the 101 Evo's, let alone in a twin mono, so will see how they go with these pipes.

Hopefully I can prop up a bit or add some cup.

*I am going with these props based on Jerry's advice.

-Neil.

Neil,

That is going to be on bad ass boat when finished. Makes me really want one. I am wanting to do twin boat maybe CMB VAC 45's? Definitely got me thinking about projects ahead.

BEau

Twin Vacs in the 42" Seaducer gas sprint would be fun. I had considered that project and may still build one in the near future.

Neil,

That is going to be on bad ass boat when finished. Makes me really want one. I am wanting to do twin boat maybe CMB VAC 45's? Definitely got me thinking about projects ahead.

BEau

Neil, any updates? I've seen Jerry's twin mono run in person and it is "ridiculously" fast. Psyched to see yours finished and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi John. Yes pretty much done.

Just have to sort out the pipes and it will be running. I have been finishing other projects so havent been giving it the time ive wanted to, but it will be done very soon.

Neil.

Back