IMPBA 2006 International Regatta info

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzubee

Supporting Member
IMPBA is proud to announce the location for the 2006 International Regatta .

Evansville, IN host of the 2003 Internats the dates will be June 17th -24th, 2006

More details will follow soon.

Evansville club,

Thank you for stepping upto the plate. The 2003 Nats were one of the best I have ever been to and can only imagine what 2006 will bring.

Thank You All.

Allen

The Ford Model Boat Club held the 2003 Internat's, not Evansville.

I'm surprised that it is being held so early next year, the IMPBA rulebook says that the Internat's are supposed to be held in July or August. At least NAMBA won't be complaining about the date being so close to their Nat's.

For anyone wanting to look that up, it's on page B-7, Procedure II, Section I, A.:

"The IMPBA International Regatta is to be held annually, during July or August."

I'm worried about it messing up race dates that are already normally scheduled for that weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron Olson said:
The Ford Model Boat Club held the 2003 Internat's, not Evansville.I'm surprised that it is being held so early next year, the IMPBA rulebook says that the Internat's are supposed to be held in July or August. At least NAMBA won't be complaining about the date being so close to their Nat's.

For anyone wanting to look that up, it's on page B-7, Procedure II, Section I, A.:

"The IMPBA International Regatta is to be held annually, during July or August."

I'm worried about it messing up race dates that are already normally scheduled for that weekend.

113131[/snapback]

A lot of talkin went into our decision to make the race in June many things including weather, location,hotels and club members<getting as many as possible to take vacation to work the NATS. It takes a lot of people to give up vacation time and spend it workin hard to put this show on. It was 2002 when we did it before lost a few members after that and now we are prepared to make 2006 Nats as good as our last one. Tom can you pin this and we will post any information we have and will take questions for such things as parking,Hotels,maps whatever comes up......Mike Schindler co C/D 2006 IMPBA NATS

The variance in dates can be negociated and has been done so in the past. The Evansville club did this so that the IMPBA event would be in conjunction with the Full size Hydroplane races held in Evansville, IN June 25th. Plus I found out today NAMBA's Nationals are also being held in June to avoid the hurricane season.

Bill Zuber

bzubee said:
The variance in dates can be negociated and has been done so in the past.  The Evansville club did this so that the IMPBA event would be in conjunction with the Full size Hydroplane races held in Evansville, IN June 25th.  Plus I found out today NAMBA's Nationals are also being held in June to avoid the hurricane season.
Bill Zuber

113136[/snapback]

Bill the NAMBA Nats will be held in Ft Lauderdale FL July 8th through 15th so there will be a few weeks between events.

Ron

Quoting Ron Olson:

-----------------------

"At least NAMBA won't be complaining about the date being so close to their Nat's."

-----------------------

When has NAMBA Complained? NAMBA has asked many times that the two organizations work together in scheduling so that people would have the oppurtunity to attend both nats if so desired. It just so happens that NAMBA has had their Nationals awarded to districts/sites way in advance, unlike IMPBA as of late actually have to ask people to host the events.

I know personally when trying to schedule the 2003 NAMBA Nationals (as contest director), I tried to work with the IMPBA group. There wasn't a definite site or group in place at the time I had to get started preparing for our event. City Officials needed dates, so we had to go ahead and pick a date. It was unfortunate that IMPBA then placed there event nearly on top of ours, but they had to do what they had to do based on the time constraints and what would work in their area with their public officials.

I have a problem with your statement about NAMBA complaining. When have you attended a NAMBA Sanctioned event, a NAMBA Nationals? I personally have attended several IMPBA Events including the 2002 Internats in Evansville. Neither organization has a leg up on the other per say. I just ask that you use better judgement when speaking about another organization.

If the 2006 Internats are anywhere near the 2002 Internats, a Race in February would be worthwhile...

Jay Stone

District Director

NAMBA District 7

Last edited by a moderator:
Jay, it happened a couple of years ago when the Internat's and Nat's were only a week apart. The people that wanted to race in both couldn't do it because of the distance between the two sites.

OK Ron but thats different than you saying NAMBA complained.

On another note whats the story behind Randy Dupuis record being disallowed at the Internats?

Lets not start bickering on this thread, create another rather than destroy this informational post.

Scheduling an event such as the NAMBA or IMPBA Nationals is not always going to happen on the dates that make it possible to race both. First you have to accomodate the host group and if they can only do it a certain week then so be it.

IMPBA Internats June 17th through 24th 2006 Evansville, IN

NAMBA Nationals July 8th through 15th 2006 Ft Lauderdale, FL

Two weeks apart and Hope to see as many as possible at both!

Ron

Keep the props turning and the bottom side down!

Last edited:
On another note whats the story behind Randy Dupuis record being disallowed at the Internats?

113149[/snapback]

Randy did not have a record at the Internats there was only a mistake made.

Mark Bullard

RaceCraftBearings said:
Lets not start bickering on this thread, create another rather than destroy this informational post. Scheduling an event such as the NAMBA or IMPBA Nationals is not always going to happen on the dates that make it possible to race both. First you have to accomodate the host group and if they can only do it a certain week then so be it.

Ron

113150[/snapback]

Dale0 said:
SO what was the mistake?
113155[/snapback]

John and Glen were running the timed events. They had been running E hydro's

in the 19 and 20 second range and Randy was the first to run in F mono. When Randy ran I guess that John and Glen brain faded or whatever in the heat and the sun was washing the numbers out badly and so they saw the number wrong I guess. I was right there and saw the run but never notice the time that was giving for the run. After the F mono's finished there runs they call out the winners plus the times. I then look up to John and Glen and said I have not seen any 21sec mono's running. It was a very good pass for the boats that where there but it was nowhere near 21sec. Randy did get a little upset and he himself did not know that he had maybe made a record run. Also his boat was not impounded because no one notice the run until after all of the mono's ran and he had already taking it back to his pit area. We discussed it and I ask him to run the boat again. I also told him if he ran the boat within 1sec of his time that I would let the record stand. I think that we gave him three chances but the best he could do was 24 and some change. And his passes were very very good. Also he still got his first place for the event. All of us has been running in near 100 degrees temps with almost 100% humidity and by that time of the week we were getting a little flakey.

Mark Bullard

113131[/snapback]

A lot of talkin went into our decision to make the race in June many things including weather, location,hotels and club members<getting as many as possible to take vacation to work the NATS. It takes a lot of people to give up vacation time and spend it workin hard to put this show on. It was 2002 when we did it before lost a few members after that and now we are prepared to make 2006 Nats as good as our last one. Tom can you pin this and we will post any information we have and will take questions for such things as parking,Hotels,maps whatever comes up......Mike Schindler co C/D 2006 IMPBA NATS

113134[/snapback]

Mike, I can't wait until June! I've never been to Evansville but hear nothing but good things about the site. You can count me and the kids in. I hope you can make room for a Novice class so my daughter can race too.

Mark Bullard said:
Dale0 said:
SO what was the mistake?
113155[/snapback]

in the 19 and 20 second range and Randy was the first to run in F mono. When Randy ran I guess that John and Glen brain faded or whatever in the heat and the sun was washing the numbers out badly and so they saw the number wrong I guess. I was right there and saw the run but never notice the time that was giving for the run. After the F mono's finished there runs they call out the winners plus the times. I then look up to John and Glen and said I have not seen any 21sec mono's running. It was a very good pass for the boats that where there but it was nowhere near 21sec. Randy did get a little upset and he himself did not know that he had maybe made a record run. Also his boat was not impounded because no one notice the run until after all of the mono's ran and he had already taking it back to his pit area. We discussed it and I ask him to run the boat again. I also told him if he ran the boat within 1sec of his time that I would let the record stand. I think that we gave him three chances but the best he could do was 24 and some change. And his passes were very very good. Also he still got his first place for the event. All of us has been running in near 100 degrees temps with almost 100% humidity and by that time of the week we were getting a little flakey.

Mark Bullard

113165[/snapback]

Mark i was there and you were flaked from the start LOL just kidding bet it was your best nats to date........Mikey

SayMikey said:
Mark Bullard said:
Dale0 said:
SO what was the mistake?
113155[/snapback]

Mark Bullard

113165[/snapback]

Mark i was there and you were flaked from the start LOL just kidding bet it was your best nats to date........Mikey

113168[/snapback]

Yep you are right to all of it.

Mark

RaceCraftBearings said:
Lets not start bickering on this thread, create another rather than destroy this informational post.
Scheduling an event such as the NAMBA or IMPBA Nationals is not always going to happen on the dates that make it possible to race both. First you have to accomodate the host group and if they can only do it a certain week then so be it.

Ron

113150[/snapback]

With the events close together last year, it worked for us Aussies.

There could be another invasion next year.

Grub

Back