"game changer" propellers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Jefferson

Where are they and who's running them? There's been several sightings and references but I've yet to see them in person. Not once in the past two years have I been passed by anyone running 5-10mph quicker than my .21 or .45 hydro. Perhaps these insanely fast props are running in other classes than I'm part of? Perhaps I'm just not attending the right races?

Are these propellers top secret and not allowed at a heat race? Or are they tucked away in the prop box only to be run at the practice lake? Can anyone give me hard facts or video's of their over the top performance and prove them to actually change the game?

I'm all ears if anyone can back up the claims. Or at least tell me what part of the game I'm missing.

Ron

Mark Sholand is a distributor.

Every one is starting to run them they are good. Pass ya later Charlie

No no videos yet here is information to get to the new charts for Jim at ABC props.

If you look up winter nationals in Florida a lot of the guys were running them.

Screenshot_2016-05-19-17-20-58.png

I have tested with this new prop and will say thy do show lots of promise.

I know it is hard to give up on 50 year old prop designs that every one is use to running.

Thy do take a little getting use to as far as the boat setup as it is not the same old same old.

All I will say is try them before you make your mind up on what thy will do or not do.

Thy may not be a game changer for every one...................................

Well we do have a lot of new props choices these days

Game Changers?

Engineered Yes

There is some vid posted under the outrigger section of a 45 running the new 38 bar props

Looks really good with Andy's Motor -hehe

But There has been several new records set in the past year with the new designs

The ABC Team has really been pulling some huge numbers gains and well deserved

.12 pass at 103

.45 twin at 16.3 2 lap **** man-this one hit home to me- going after this one for sure -hahahaha

All new Gas Rigger records taking as high as 1.5 Sec off 2 lap with a bolt on -really?

Then you got Snowman and the gang with the Electrics-Gonna have to learn how find the bouys guys

but to pull off a 16.8-not to mention the 132 pass at Legg (What just happened)

Then you now have the fastest tunnel ever in 2 lap-dang guys what a weekend

Then you Got TG just flying right on bye with some big electrics

Get Marko and Neal out there and its gonna be crazy

with passes being made over the 150 MPH mark right now

So to say

The props are not a secret or a surprise

This has been along time coming

I give Thanks to all the hard work and dedication put forth From all the Team Members

Without all the testing and tuning time spent

These products would never exist

And we would still have wheels made from just bent sheetmetal

Game Changers?

Engineered Yes

There is some vid posted under the outrigger section of a 45 running the new 38 bar props

But There has been several new records set in the past year with the new designs

.12 pass at 103

.45 twin at 16.3 2 lap **** man-this one hit home to me- going after this one for sure -hahahaha

All new Gas Rigger records taking as high as 1.5 Sec off 2 lap with a bolt on -really?

Then you got Snowman and the gang with the Electrics-Gonna have to learn how find the bouys guys

So to say

I give Thanks to all the hard work and dedication put forth From all the Team Members

Game Changers?

Engineered Yes

.12 pass at 103

So to say

are this the same props that were out in the market around 2004 or are they newer then that??

Sent you a P/M Jim...
default_smile.png

This is a whole new series

50 Bar is the old school

45 Bar Was designed for fast electric

38 Bar is for Nitro and Gas

But all props run on all boats

Its understanding the Rake and Blade Area Changes

Ron,

I ran one on my .12 hydro for one heat at Hobart last fall. The other three heats were way to rough and windy so I propped down. I know Rod Geraghty and David Hall saw it and seemed impressed.

Stu,

I have no doubt that the ABC props are good but your Crapshooters have been running in the mid 80's for years, many many years. My question is, if any prop is a true "game changer" wouldn't it be at least 10mph faster? And if it were could the boats of today even handle it in heat race water? Maybe they're better suited for SAW? I just keep thinking back to the claims of ceramic bearings and how they were going to revolutionize model boating.

Ron

Good point Ron...........

Seams the boats will have to step up to the changes.

That is why I stated it will not be a game changer for some...................................

I think you will start to see boats get longer because of these props. They are good for saw and heat racing because they are more efficient. Look at the thrust cone in the crapshooter video. I spent years messing with props on my .12. I bolted a game changer on and went 5 mph faster. I think if boats do start to be redesigned to handle these props, that is the definition of game changing. The cool thing is that it only costs you twenty two bucks and a little time to try one out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look in my view you can make any speed from any prop ...it's also how free your drive is, your strut bearings, your pipe choice, your engine mods. Be real don't forget a good combo will win the fight....

With new props means new boat setup. Every prop will do something different. i have these new abc props (4) sets

And I will be testing them and see what's the difference and I know the boats ( twins ) will have to be adjusted to run these props.

Like anything testing and more testing.

Julian

Last edited by a moderator:
Back