internats help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Wood

i wanted to seperate this a bit.

would like names of whom will try to help if i can pull this off having a internats.. i understand it is early but the more i know now the better

chris

Chris

I'll do what I can to help. I have some Ideas written on a pad on the workbench at the house. Things like getting clubs involved and run some type of a league series or something where they chip in and send the top 3 to the event with hotel paid for and entry fee paid. Maybe have a boat building competition at the event with entry level boats and auction the boats at the end of the weekend for charity. That way everyone will hold spending on them down and show true craftsmanship. I think a .12 hydro would be great. I also thought having an award for the most inovative product of the year given out say like a manufacturers award. I think also if everyone wants to truly support the hobby and races both NAMBA and IMPBA races can afford to join both organizations. Count me in. Everyone having a good time is key to returning year after year.

Count me in, I know how to BOSS....
default_smile.png

Charles

Suggestion to offer - before you all go to far down this road, get into the IMPBA rule book, Chapter E. It defines the requirements for the Internats race. NOT included is a system of using qualifying races to get into the Internats race. It is open to all qualified (members of one or more racing associations in good standing) so doing it as such is not possible. Once you learn how the race is structured administratively it makes things much clearer.

I have been on this road before.

Last edited by a moderator:
John

If in your reference to the rule book is to my suggestion that clubs have some way to get the club excited about the yearly race and let them invest in sending a few people at less expense from the local competition. I want anyone to be able to attend and race but we need to do something to build excitement through the year and year after year. In this day and economic atmosphere any help to offset cost for a week long race would be great. It also would vest the entire club in the event in my opinion.

Chris I will do my usual job of Race Management which includes collecting all the entry data, Heat Setup and Scoring including SAW OVAL TT's and Special Award computation, time allowing I can CD some as well.

If Steve is in then the rest of the "Old Dogs RC" have to be there as well. Come on Marty we need a CD. How long has it been since you changed latitudes?? Chris are we talking 2015 or 2016????

Issues notwithstanding... date/venue etc.. I'll volunteer labor easily...and I'm sure ill bring more help... lets see what the future holds... mike

I would be happy to help all I can. I know the way that Internats are supposed to be structured and have some already built aids to make record keeping easy and accurate. You can lean on me for things like this. I don't want to take on any major role, but would be happy to do what you need. Some of the pre-planning, I have suggestions. Maybe you can get Dick Jones to do some of the social stuff. You remember how cool he did things at the Peoria Internats.

One of the KEYS to success is the selection of the best people for various jobs. I can sure help you with suggestions for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris,

From the other thread:

I will make my committment that Novarossi Marine USA/Novarossi World will be a major sponsor for this race. Keep the great ideas coming!!!

I am also happy to help in any other way I can.

Latest posts

Back