Receiver switches ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Jacuzzi

I have always used the Futaba slide switches with the Dubro remote mount. I have been afraid to use the speedmaster toggle style although the size of those is nice. I know that there are likely better switches out there with multiple poles etc. Just wondered what you guys are using and where your sourcing them, appreciate any suggestions. Thanks Tony J

Tony,

I've been using Maxx Products International (MPI) switches and connectors for 15+ years never had a single problem. His switches are double pole design jumped across both poles for extra insurance, fit the DuBro mount just fine. Lake Zurich, IL available through Gary Preusse (630-279-2451) or direct, they have a website.

Wallster

Otto at Technology Fuels has some toggle switches I have been using for years and never had an issue. Good price on them also...

cc racing aluminum mount for $15

I have had problems with the speedmaster switch corroding and losing control, intermintenly

Tony, I was just thinkin.......I cant remember using anything but bone stock Futaba switches for over 30 years........cant remember any failures.....honest to God! Not much help, but just sharin!
default_smile.png

I use the large HD Futaba switch in everything I can fit it in (its large).. very tough.. Then the Tactic HD switch (old Hobbico Command HD) in the rest.

Grim

Speedmaster is nice but again problems and the wire connections to solider to are small and have had issues with wires busting off the poles

No more for me

just replaced a green corroded speed master switch.bad news.

have had futaba corrode also. best to replace with new every year or so,or they will bite you!

Tony,

I've been using Maxx Products International (MPI) switches and connectors for 15+ years never had a single problem. His switches are double pole design jumped across both poles for extra insurance, fit the DuBro mount just fine. Lake Zurich, IL available through Gary Preusse (630-279-2451) or direct, they have a website.

Wallster
x2,

Get the switch for the newer digital servos, much heavier wire and contacts, dont have the part number (out of town) but they have them at Propshop Hobby.

I also "flood" the switch with Corrosion X, and if I think it got wet, repeat.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get the same miniature toggle switches from Radio Shack that Allied Supply has to offer. When you solder on the wires seal the connection with heat shrink which reduces vibration issues..

Later!!

Pat

You can get the same miniature toggle switches from Radio Shack that Allied Supply has to offer. When you solder on the wires seal the connection with heat shrink which reduces vibration issues

Pat
They closed all the stores down here.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Try Jameco Electronics on line, plus you can get a paper catalog from them. All types switches. Fast service.

Tony,

I made the switch (
default_dry.png
) to an Andy Brown style "buss bar" switch and have never looked back. Nothing to corrode, absolutely no chance of it getting switched off by accident and it is plainly obvious if your radio is on or not. I've also NEVER had a switch go bad on me since. No more "switches" for me.

I make my own, using brass 6-32 pan-head slotted screws, low-profile nylock nuts (5/16" nut driver, just like your glow plug) and repurposed wire from dead servos. I also solder my battery into a wiring harness I make that allows me to charge the battery without energizing the radio. It's pretty well bulletproof.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Model Machine And Precision LLC

I use the Andy Brown type of switch no moving parts and if you want to check battery voltage with out opening the box just take a volt meter to the posts great switch

Back