Help Support IntlWaters by donating using the link above.
Photo

Fun with Tunnels

Lets see em

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#1 Grimracer

Grimracer

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:40 PM

Gang,

Just to lighten the mood around here.. here is a picture of some of my tunnel boat kits.. OK.. the little Hot Shot is built and the TS was............painted for what event?

Who remembers what?

Grim

Attached Files

#2 Brandon Atwell

Brandon Atwell

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:53 PM

Attached File  6CD7DCC5-9CF1-427E-829B-B67ED0118DE6.jpeg   142.3KB   21 downloads
Since Im not sure where the Top Speed is from (Lol, before my time), heres a pretty cool old boat. Nelson Fordham hand built this years ago, still running an old KB 3.5!

I actually might know... is that one of the hulls used in the internats endurance race? Remember hearing stories from Dad and Jr.

Edited by Brandon Atwell, 15 November 2017 - 09:46 PM.

#3 dave roach

dave roach

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:32 PM

Mike

I remember all the tunnels you posted.Must be getting old.LOLI would like to find a Toms Cat tunnel.

Dave

Edited by dave roach, 15 November 2017 - 09:33 PM.

#4 Jerry Dunlap

Jerry Dunlap

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:08 PM

Is the golden Top Speed from the IROC race back at the IMPBA Internats held at Quad Cities?   Or, maybe the IROC race at the IMPBA Internats at Jackson, Tennessee? 

JD

#5 Shane William Bastick

Shane William Bastick

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:12 PM

The Maus Motorsports Champ tunnel was great along with their Texan rigger and mono

#6 Kris Flynn

Kris Flynn

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

Mike, know anyone with a Nemesis kit un built? I would be keen for one to go with my Villain S1 kit :-)

#7 Ray Sametz

Ray Sametz

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,579 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:34 AM

John Starks plans bought from Boat Modeler Magazine. Built it in 1991 I think, enlarged plans for a K&B 3.5 outboard. Original plans were for Electric. B)

Attached Files

#8 Grimracer

Grimracer

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:36 AM

The "gold" (really poop brown) is indeed from the 2000 internats in Iowa..lol

I know of no more Nemieis kits..or come to think of it.. (Big B has one.. or more.. I don't know...)

Grim

#9 Grimracer

Grimracer

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:38 AM

Brandon and Ray.. cool pics.. Fun to look back.

Me.. I have one 40 tunnel (HTV..its retired) all my tunnels are 21s.. (love those little boats!)

Grim

#10 Joern Markset

Joern Markset

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:48 AM

Is this the Maus tunnel you are talking about?

Attached Files

#11 Grimracer

Grimracer

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:13 AM

aha.. maybe.. the one I have is a 21 and has a HUGE rocker on the bottom.. its a completely useless boat for the type of racing we do in the US.. (years ago... we tried)

I understand they may have introduced a low rocker version but all the ones i have seen have the rocker as well as the one I have NIB.

Grim

#12 Grimracer

Grimracer

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:19 AM

I dont have a boat from the 2005 IROC race. We cut them up back when i was at Hobbico. Having said this I did race one of the motors off one of those boats for YEARS.. lol.. I raced it until it split the case..(yea.. I know.. Team OS and I get the hand me downs!)

I also have the original motor off of the "gold" boat. Its gummy but loose and needs bearings.. I pulled the mount plate off so I could setup the transom on a new boat I have. Not all of those motors made it back from the race in 2000. Some of the racers took "liberty's" with the needles.

Grim

#13 Ray Sametz

Ray Sametz

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,579 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:02 AM

My first venture into ABS plastic, as you can see "too much time on my hands" :lol:

Attached Files

• Attached File  ABS.jpg   63.51KB   15 downloads

#14 Grimracer

Grimracer

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:26 AM

COOL.. My bud Big has a DPI tunny that is ABS.. the old MRP boat was not to bad.. (I trashed a few of those before my move back to WI)

Yes.. I purged a few boats.. LOL..  I had one of those 12 powered belt drive POS too....Trash can.. BA BANG!

Grim

#15 DeanJohnson

DeanJohnson

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:37 AM

Here's me with my trusty Nemesis. This pic was taken after getting a perfect score in B sport tunnel, B mod tunnel, and B hydro a the District 4 Champs a few years back. The boat has since been retired after becoming a magnet for getting hit... hit at Badgers, Mendota, and 3 times at Hobart all in consecutive races. I figured if I wanted to hand this down a generation as a first boat I had better put her in the rafters.

Attached Files