Namba in Vegas 2017?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
October?? I thought it was going to be September? Oh well that still works for us north of the 49 parallel. Not use to boating at that time of year as water is hard by then!!

See you in Vegas

Brad

Sounds good. I would naturally suspect that the not-so-usual fall 2017 NAMBA National's date is due to the fact that the average temperature/weather for Las Vegas [in July] is just too extremely hot. Like anywhere from 95 to 115 degrees-plus. And that's not to say it's cold in October either. The Las Vegas RC Boat facility (Sunset Park) is very nice. And convenient to the Las Vegas "strip" and a wide range of lodging. Sounds like a nice vacation trip to plan
default_smile.png

April2014_LasVegas_RCBoatPond_Ducks,Geese_Reduced__01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure about camping. I would guess there won't be any allowed on grass in pit areas. I'd suspect they might allow self contained in parking lot. Russ Stark and crew should be putting out info shortly.

The event in Vegas being held in October is in fact in part due to extreme Temps in summer months. For many years, the nats were scheduled during summer months to allow for kids to be out of school and families to use vacation time. School schedules have changed and in fact many are now even on year round schedules. Families are taking vacations during various times of the year. Russ typically holds the premiere gas boating event of the year in Vegas during the last couple weekends of October. Instead of their being a World Cup, it will be the 2017 Nats.

I suspect that the 2018 Nats will likely also take place later in the year and possibly even in September.

Unfortunately there is no camping anywhere on the parks property but there are several campgrounds in the area to stay in

Several years I sent an email to Russ that his World Cup location sounds like it would make for an awesome Nationals location as well. Never heard back from him on that idea but looks like he got the message. Looks like it will be a great event.

Latest posts

Back