Blackbird 21 build thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
As promised I am getting started on the build thread for the Blackbird 21 hydro kit that I was fortunate enough to win in the raffle here on I/W (I still can't believe I actually won, I never hit the big raffles!) I will say that after unpacking the kit, laying it all out & reading through the instruction book that Chris Wood has put together, this is a really nice kit and has to be one of the most complete I've seen. Besides the typical tub, sponsons, boom tubes & cowl you get the complete hardware package right down to the shims for the boom tubes & the excellent shaft oiler that Steve Wood makes. Also included is a Walt Barney fuel tank as well as carbon fiber servo trays and the cowl is a real nice lightweight 'glass one as opposed to the typical ABS. I don't expect this to be the usual four or five pages of pics because this has to be one of the easiest builds I've seen which is good as I've already entered the boat in the Atlanta SpringNats in April! Here's the link to the start of the build gallery, as always click on the plus "+" sign next to the word title in the header bar to put them in proper order-

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=971

Last edited by a moderator:
that's going to be one sweet boat! still say i'm glad it went to someone who will do it justice :D ! not saying that anyone else entered couldn't have, but i've seen your boats, don B) .

Last edited by a moderator:
It's lookin' good so far, reminds me of another boat that I want to see finished or at least some pics of it the way it is. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do us proud once again Don,

Cliff

It's lookin' good so far, reminds me of another boat that I want to see finished or at least some pics of it the way it is. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cliff
I'll get those pics done for you this weekend ........... really. :p

Cliff
I'll get those pics done for you this weekend ........... really. :p
Thank You for the build thread, Don. Looks like a very complete kit. Good luck in Atlanta. Richard D

thanks for the thread don.

I try to build something that is complete and easy. looks like you are making good progress.

chris

It's no rush Don, I just have little to do with all the snow and you left me the perfect opening. B)

Cliff

Back