New gas SAW in New Zealand Eagle SGX-2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Brown

Carl Hanson of New Zealand just returned to R/C boating this year after a 30 year lay off.

Carl set a new 27cc Hydro record (New Zealand) with his Tiger King S-27 powered Eagle SGX-2 race boat. 82 mph.

His first ever record trial! I'm sure Carl will be setting many more records in the future!

Congrats Carl!

Last edited by a moderator:
Carl Hanson of New Zealand just returned to R/C boating this year after a 30 year lay off.

Carl set a new 27cc Hydro record (New Zealand) with his Tiger King S-27 powered Eagle SGX-2 race boat. 82 mph.

His first ever record trial! I'm sure Carl will be setting many more records in the future!

Congrats Carl!

hey Andy I arranged those speed trials for carl on our home track here in Blenheim NZ. That boat motor combo has a lot more in it yet and expect over 90 next time he is down here.

Even more with his nitro. just a bugger he threw a blade on his back up run.

we have a good track at sea level with 900ft run up on start end and 1500ft from the return so plenty of time to wind up before hitting the timing zone.

Got our first 100mph record in june with a twin cylinder gas Rigger and carl will be next to get past the ton

Andy,

It's great being back boating, thanks for all your help you have made the transition back to R/C boating a lot easier after the 30 year lay off, the 2 SGX-2's you supplied are awesome as Grahame said there is more to come from the SGX gas boat. Your help with the nitro boat has been invaluable especially the mods and fuel delivery for the CMB91, it has amazing performance on only 40%nitro, I hope we can get some SAW props that don't throw there blades for the 91 SGX before the next SAW event in October.

Many Thanks

Carl

Latest posts

Back