Mod VP rules

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffmaturo

I looked on the NAMBA and IMPBA website for rules on mod VP with no luck.

Anyone run these anywhere or know where to find the rules?

Thanks!

All RC race boats are home grown.

Here are some facts......

1. Every Tunnel Champs race had a full class of them. (14 showed up 2 years in a row)....More than Gas tunnel Every STRA race saw a full field of them. If a Gas class had seen that kind of participation it would be an official class, without any opposition.

2. I was told a long time ago that there would be no more new classes. Since that time there have been at least a half dozen classes added. Also, many races offer the twin hydro class in addition to F hydro, which just adds another class.

3. Production ABS. (Non home grown boats) When is the last time you seen this official class at a race?

4. RTR. (See item 3)

5. The organization has no ACTIVE outboard director and has not had one for a while now. If the Gas or Scale division had no active director how long would it be before that was rectified? Answer.....Not long.

Thanks Carl for being a pro active stand up guy!

Hands down one of the most fun classes I have ever run, lots of laughs and great racing. Add a few wrinkles with LeMans starts and a tri-oval = good times
default_cool.png

Jeff stated he could not find anything on the IMPBA or NAMBA sites..

Again.. not surprising.. the classes are grown from local races and IF.. IF.. it can not be ignored.. the IMPBA or NAMBA would have too...(Want too...) listen to the racers and MAYBE adopt or write a set of rules.

I have raced the class and it was a blast. I have never seen a set of "official or unofficial" rules so designing around them or just racing the class would be difficult for most to get involved in. Truth is to this point I had no idea a set was around.. I suspect Jeff was in the same boat.

If Carl has a set of the rules then fantastic.. they are in good hands... Maybe we can use the power of International waters and place a set here for all to ponder. (maybe a sticky in the OB forum)

ROCK ON!

Grim

Several years ago I came up with a detailed class description and hull rules so that anyone running in the class at the Tunnel Champs or STRA would not get tossed out for an illegal hull. Carl was nice enough to sharpen up my hand drawings and make the illustrations page look good. In fact, I sent a copy of that to a couple of people who were board members at the time. A link for this has been posted on this forum several times.

I will admit it got off on the wrong foot (with the racers) in 2004 when I was allowed to run it in the tunnel class. Should have proposed it as its own class back then. Instead, a lot of people got mad about it.

Simple fact is, it is just a cool specialty class. If a club wants to run it, as long as the engine, racing rules and safety rules are being followed, have fun.

I will say this, my design is a viable option to the pickle fork tunnel, which is what the outboard class has "homolongated' into.

I would like to see the rules also

I got one of Marks ModVP hulls

an tried to get them going around here no good

hay Mark are you still making them?

fun little boat thank you

marty

If anyone is interested in one of Mark's OMC MOD VP hulls, in excellent condition, PM me or e mail me at [email protected] It is version 2 (latest) of his production models.

It is a fun class and you must drive it carefully. Takes some skill and it can be learned quickly.

Andy - Marty has my 1st version hull.

Back