• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Picco 45 Blue Head

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TG FALCON

New in the box, never been turned over Picco 45 race prepared by Mike Hallam. Sold with header and collet $475.00 shipped to the lower 48 paypal add 3%. Thanks Todd

tmp_7331-20141118_204039598218395.jpg

Sorry Joe,I paid $395.00 for the motor $125.00 to modified it add the collet and header, I think it is a good deal at price I offered it for sale. Thanks Todd.

Sorry Joe,I paid $395.00 for the motor $125.00 to modified it add the collet and header, I think it is a good deal at price I offered it for sale. Thanks Todd.
Todd I might pay more Can you pull the sleeve & text or Email me the mods to the liner. i am looking for a Orlic type mod that has the Liner & Piston ported. Like a Upside down schnurel port in the Boost ports. the piston will match this port when at BDC?? . You can Email me at [email protected] please advise jw

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Joe, I'm not going to rip it apart on a maybe. If you want to find what was done to it call Mike.

No problem ...... i will pass..... P.S. it was worth more before it was Modified. Especially if you dont know whats done to it??

Thanks Warren, You Win !!!

First you low ball my offer, then you tell everyone that the motor is not worth the money. I don't claim to know it all, that's why I had Picco build buy one of the most respected rc boaters from Canada! Happy Holidays.

P.S the motor is no longer for sale. Todd Gunder

default_rolleyes.gif

Todd send me a list of what your selling,its obvious these guys dont know you or the quality of you boating equipment. Mike

I have bought lots of boats , from Todd , He is one of the best builders , And stand up guys out there .

If he tell you something you can take it to the bank.

Todd send me a list of what your selling,its obvious these guys dont know you or the quality of you boating equipment. Mike
100% agree Todd's stuff is top notch
Tony This has Nothing to do with the boater. I never questioned him as a person.. But if you guys want to talk about Engines? Picco repeated there 1998 problem of cutting a 90 degree radius on the Blue head 45 engine Crankshaft at the pto step down. They had learned from this same problem years ago & repeated it just in the last batch of 45 engines Again......... Many already know you cannot cut a 90 degree radius in this area. the older Black Head 8mm picco 45 had a 80 degree radius in this area & never broke.. But Most of the Blue heads that got shipped in the south & southeast are setting with broken cranks & the PTO broke off. Seems the older used 8mm cranks are hard to obtain now this problem has occured... Mike had nothing to do with this. This is a Craftsmanship problem with the Mfger.. Hard to Pay MAX $$ for a engine with a known problem.. I can Gladly post some names of boaters that Would have a Great engine If they could Obtain a Good Crank. But there engines are setting w broke cranks.. All of these engines are from the Silver case Blue head 45 Era. P.S. Other noted engine builders will give you the timing numbers on a mod engine so you know what to expect & what application is example Rigger,Sport use or Mono or what it is best suited for.... Most anyone will want to know what the intended use is if the Timing numbers have been altered...... Please let this subject Die he wants to keep it.........

Very well stated Joe,,,

Your comments are one of the main reasons I will NEVER purchase or run a Picco again.

Known problems without correction and the lack of replacement parts (manufacture support)

Very well stated Joe,,,

Your comments are one of the main reasons I will NEVER purchase or run a Picco again.

Known problems without correction and the lack of replacement parts (manufacture support)
In order to fix the problem... you must Expose the Problem... All mfger have ther Problems with diff engines. CMB Has theres too. But if you acknowledge the problem it has a price tag attached to it for the mfger ... Many make slight changes to Diff Production Runs & the problems get corrected.. we have Made about a milion Laps With Picco engines & won a lot of races..... But I also have a lot of broken engines too.. the Mfger is not the end user.... the Boater is... When you have a part failure I guarantee you the mfger would like to see it. But they may not acknowlege the problem........ This is Not a PICCO BASH. I own more Piccos than the Tennessee law allows. Many Boaters that are Running Hard have Exceeded the current piston Quality (cast) with Prop Load & Rpm..

Last summer the crank pin broke on my picco 45 bluehead, sheared completely off, no damage to P&S or rod, but there is a hole punched in the case. Not running excessive rpm's either in a Seaducer mono with the standard X-450/3 on 50%. Was a nice strong engine before that.

Very well stated Joe,,,

Dont bogart that Picco Pass it over to me. So I may pass you in the backstretch never to be seen again!

Latest posts

Back