Third Channel Needle valves

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Atwell

What options am I looking at? KRE, World Champion products.. any more? Ran a Bob Violet valve and would like to move away from it.

Thanks everyone!

Don Ferrette needle block and a os in flight needle assy.Are you looking for the needle assy to go in the carb.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
The nova Rossi needle is very nice. I don't know that it would flow enough for a heavily modded 101. But for a 46 it's perfect.

been using bob violet needles for over 20 years, no issues (other than replacing o rings)

what issues are you having with yours?

There are lots of options and designs. I like Don's design of block with the nipples going out the side especially if you have limited space. Then there are the in the side and out the bottom from Al Hobbs, CMB, Nova Rossi Bob Violet etc. but need more clearance under them so you don't kink the line. So really it is space and preference as to what you want.

Brad

My first choice is the OS IN-Flight needle carb mounted, if I cant do that then I use one of Don's blocks, I ordered one of the World Champion mounts but never used it on my 40 boat. build. I had Kerry Norton make me up a carb sideplate for the VAC and the OS needle.

PICT0010.JPG

There are lots of options and designs. I like Don's design of block with the nipples going out the side especially if you have limited space. Then there are the in the side and out the bottom from Al Hobbs, CMB, Nova Rossi Bob Violet etc. but need more clearance under them so you don't kink the line. So really it is space and preference as to what you want.

Brad
that is true...mounting is tricky because of the required clearance

Don's bases come in right or left nipple exits, for different mounting options (-; Think mirror image.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a little something to consider- back when I first started the needle base project I had a very informative conversation with Andy Brown about the design factors. Every time you make a 90 degree turn it does affect flow, so with that in mind I paid close attention to everything from the overall design to even the bore sizes of the fuel nipples. This is why I offer a "small block" and "big block" base, one size does not get it done like I want it to be.
default_smile.png

Back