Sport tunnel props

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryConrad

I have a couple of OS powered Sport tunnels that will be getting raced in the upcoming season. I dont have much experience with the OS outboards, what props are you guys running to really light them up? Hulls will be a Powersurge Villain,previously powered with a K&B, and a ML NS 295.

Good to know the 40X53 is still a viable option. I have at least one in my prop box. I may have to order up a 1515 and give it a whirl also.

Andy

Bill is still testing so havent received boat yet, but should be in the next few months when he gets around to building mine. Looking forward to it for sure. Right now Im Re prepping an FE Sniper for D12

Order that 1515 from Brian Buass... you will not be sorry

But an M440 goes VERY good also...never run a 1515 myself

I like the 40X52/3.. But my current setup likes a a good old Octura 1440 back cut 17deg cupped to 3.1..

Grim

I’ve run a back cut 1440 and various X442’s on piped boats but never tried them on a sport boat.

Larry,

They can all be Very Good, you just have to adjust them to

Your set up. Diameter first and then how much cup you like

to run on your motor and pipe combination.

Come On Spring Testing Weather,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear ya’ Mark. We don’t have much snow on the ground but a good foot of ice on the ponds and lakes right now.

I have been very happy with my M 440 and my 40X52 three blade. The 1515 is wicked and needs a person with throttle control because the prop makes the boat fast and needs to be setup differently to account for the speed and handling. This is with the hull I run differs from boat to boat. I still run the water cooled version but have a new air cooled in the box for later on this summer.

Beau

I have been very happy with my M 440 and my 40X52 three blade. The 1515 is wicked and needs a person with throttle control because the prop makes the boat fast and needs to be setup differently to account for the speed and handling. This is with the hull I run differs from boat to boat. I still run the water cooled version but have a new air cooled in the box for later on this summer.

Beau
Wicked in what way? (1515)?
Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Alan,

The 1515-19-38% is a pretty fast propeller.

The more RPM you have the better it is.

As far as your 45-tunnel the 1915-19-38% and 1917-19-38%

have been pretty popular so far this year. Not sure on your

67-tunnels yet, no one around here runs tunnels much anymore.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Back