• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Miss Circus Canard Hull for sale on eBay

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Several d-4 guys had them,some were fast most were not. With that old motor and pipe id say she is 20 years old.

I remember when Ed Fisher first came out with that hull back in the 70's. It was really fast. Worked well in the model, but as we all know it didn't translate well to the full scale boat.

Nope all of Larrys boats were Fritz boats. Could have been from Wisconsin Scott ? ah Jones......

Last edited by a moderator:
Scary thing is that Howard Power rudder plastic when will it fail. This boat could be a nice shelf piece for 1/4 the asking price

Scott Jones had a fritz boat also, Man that guy would get me when he would cut bouy 2 on the first lap. I think he was the main reason for the bouy cut rule being a lap penalty. I think Maglinger had one wood boat. It was his oldest one.

I remember Larry Maglinger running his Circus Circus Canard at the Atlanta Spring Nats and other races in the early 90's. It usually lapped the field. Could this canard still be entered in scale NAMBA and IMPBA events today??? Seems like I heard this type of hull has since been deemed illegal for 1/8" scale competition!!!

I remember Larry Maglinger running his Circus Circus Canard at the Atlanta Spring Nats and other races in the early 90's. It usually lapped the field. Could this canard still be entered in scale NAMBA and IMPBA events today??? Seems like I heard this type of hull has since been deemed illegal for 1/8" scale competition!!!
Ron;

As long as it meets the measurements layed out in the master hull roster, it is legal.

How about the IMPBA? Same roster and requirements? Thanks Rick!!

Scott Jones had a fritz boat also, Man that guy would get me when he would cut bouy 2 on the first lap. I think he was the main reason for the bouy cut rule being a lap penalty. I think Maglinger had one wood boat. It was his oldest one.
Your right Kenny I was at the board meeting in Toledo when it was brought up and Scott was the main focus for an example of why the rule was needed.

The canards did corner well and used to have an advantage. Nowadays with having the turn fin and sponson technology where it is that is no longer true. Also the set up on the canards needs to be spot on, it is a very unforgiving hull in that regard. And in rough water ...... forget it.

Don is right, Steve Jackson still has his hull and he raced it successfully for years. But we worked and worked on that fritz hull to get it right. I have no idea how many times we blew it off and spun it out trying to get the set up.

Great info guys. I guess a lot has changed over the years as Don mentions. It was a lot of fun watching it run on the ragged edge and the way it would "carry" the nose down the straights when the lift and CG were perfectly matched.

The canards did corner well and used to have an advantage. Nowadays with having the turn fin and sponson technology where it is that is no longer true. Also the set up on the canards needs to be spot on, it is a very unforgiving hull in that regard. And in rough water ...... forget it.
BingoThat boat wouldn't have a chance in D2 .

Tim

Back