Scale Boat Propellers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoboat

Boaters,

I have had a lot of recent calls about more speed for 1/8th scale boats.

Just wondering what is working well for your set up? Any cup numbers?

Diameters? Center Of Blade Pitch? I know what general propellers work,

I was wondering about specific numbers guys.

255's,X-460's,X-462's etc.

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Boaters,

Just wondering what is working well for your set up?

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund
1460 cupped up some will be good for roundnose boats

Of coruse you have to buy one of my new Karlesons too. :)

Boaters,

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund
Calls.....lol....I'll bet they are from those that want to try and catch a certain Atlas Van lines hull in the northwest..... :D

That answer would largely depend on the hull, Since I tend to lean toward 1400 and 1600 props anyway, I like the 1460 2 blade, no lobes, 1462 2 bladewith no lobes, sometimes back cut, My 82 Atlas likes an x460 2 blade, We have had a lot of luck with the 1457 three blade on Joe Moceri's hull. The 255 prather 2 blade is a pick by many, I have a few of those also. I think even a x462 2 blade under the right conditions. So many props, so many different hulls, so little time. Ken

That answer would largely depend on the hull, Since I tend to lean toward 1400 and 1600 props anyway, I like the 1460, no lobes, 1462with no lobes, sometimes back cut, My 82 Atlas likes an x460, We have had a lot of luck with the 1457 on Joe Moceri's hull. The 255 prather is a pick by many, I have a few of those also. I think even a x462 under the right conditions. So many props, so many different hulls, so little time. Ken
2 or 3 blade?

Actually the list goes on, I usually start a scale with an x457 two blade, The 8255 hull Phil Thomas makes works well with an x455 three blade. All the props and then some I have in my scale prop box.

X455 or 1455 for pickle forks and 1455 for round nose @4200 ft. Elev. all are three blades.

Glenn

Boaters,

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund
Calls.....lol....I'll bet they are from those that want to try and catch a certain Atlas Van lines hull in the northwest..... :D

Here's a thought.... it's not the prop difference...

Sorry Mark!

Best,

DJ

Those North West guys can make a boat rock on a p255 pitched.but i prefer a x457 or x460 stock no bends. That way if it gets trashed I can throw another one on and GO.

Actually the list goes on, I usually start a scale with an x457 two blade, The 8255 hull Phil Thomas makes works well with an x455 three blade. All the props and then some I have in my scale prop box.
Ditto on the X-455/3 blade for Phils 82U55 hull....I LOVE IT! The boat has good speed and STAYS ON THE WATER!! Mine is stock, just sharpened and balanced....im sure someone with Mark,s or Marty Davis propeller knowledge and skills could do even more with it, but im pretty happy with it the way it is.............for now!

Delete comment

Just saw the video of the Presidents Cup.... that was a great knock-down drag out race. All the props mentioned in this thread have a place. And ultimately, the driver needs to put the boat in 'that' place to secure a victory. Wow, can't believe John let Kirk in on that final turn. That was an awesome heat. Wish I was there.

David

I think they call that trusting a fellow racer and not worrying about closing a cheap washdown door, lol. Actually, John was trying to hold him tight but what you can't see are the 3 dead boats in that corner that forced them both out. Kirk just drove through the roostertail and it worked that time.

:)

Delete comment

Just saw the video of the Presidents Cup.... that was a great knock-down drag out race. All the props mentioned in this thread have a place. And ultimately, the driver needs to put the boat in 'that' place to secure a victory. Wow, can't believe John let Kirk in on that final turn. That was an awesome heat. Wish I was there.

David
Hey David, where is the video of the presidents cup at?

Thanks in advance....

Latest posts

Back