• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Nova 46/ Outboard gear

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradSpencer

Clearing out some gear no longer needed,

(1) New OS 21xm Lower unit $100 USD SOLD

(2) Novarossi 46. New Piston/Sleeve/Rod, Crank and headbutton. Excellent condition, light weight flywheel. This engine has not seen any failures, engine case has had little work(maybe a gallon). Crank takes 5/16" threaded collet. $270 $old

(3) K&B 8702 complete engine, new. Some minor oxidisation on flywheel. Turns over and feels great like it should. No box. $240 $195 US

(4) Lights 46 outboard crank, prepped with silicon ramp and flowed. Used, still in great condition. Never seen any engine failures. 209deg open, 75deg close. #2 in pics. $50 $40 US

(5) Lights 46 outboard crank, prepped with silicon ramp and flowed.Used, still in great condition. Never seen any engine failures. 209deg open, 70deg close (stock 46 durations).#3 in pics $50 $40 US

(6) New K&B 3.5cc Lower halves, inlcuded used prop shaft.(update: water pickup, flex and liner also included) $30 $25 US

(7) Equi 3.5cc Outboard pipe. Excellent condition, no dents. $80 $70 US

(8) OS RZ-M 21. Excellent condition, bearings feel new, excellent compression. Comes with header, flywheel and nova carb with built in 3rd channel needle). Very clean engine ready to run. $120 $100 US

All prices are + Shipping.

$8 for one or more items shipped within Australia

$12 USD for one or more items shipped to the US. If you would like tracking it is an additional $10.

Will ship worldwide, enquire for shipping the price to your country(most seem to be a similar price to the US).

Payment via Paypal address:

[email protected]

Subject to work, it may take a day or two to get items shipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brad,

Can you do pay pal to the US? Interested in the OS lower unit. Is it complete with the prop shaft, flex shaft and so on or is it just the housing? You'll ship to the US for the stated shipping price?

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Yes the 21xm lower is complete with prop shaft and flex shaft.

This lower was from a new engine, I just removed the power head.

The shipping prices are correct, it may cost me slightly more but I have fixed the shipping prices to keep it simple.

Paypal to:

[email protected]

Kind regards.

Paul,

I'm going to pass on the lower unit . Let Paul have it, it's just not a good time for me. Sorry to hold you up.

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Paul,

I have not herd back from Bob. The 21xm lower is yours.

Total = $112 US (add $10 if you want tracking).

Thank you

Brad,

I think that is a REX pylon 46 engine? If so, the numbers and head button are different from the marine 46's. Looks like a TOP cooling cap was added. Not sure about the button.

Brad,

I think that is a REX pylon 46 engine? If so, the numbers and head button are different from the marine 46's. Looks like a TOP cooling cap was added. Not sure about the button.
Think again Ron. haha

Nope, not a Pylon engine.

The Crank and flywheel is. These cranks are identicaly timed to the marine engines, just flowed a little nicer from factory, and have a beefier 5/16" threaded sections comaprted to the marine 1/4", hence the need for a 5/16" collet.

This is a marine case, jacket, head button, P/S/R. So yeah, a marine engine.

I was planning to use this engine in a 7.5cc mono, as I am now more focused on RC cars, I don't plan on building any new boats.

For what it is worth, the Pylon sleeves are timed identical to the Marine Sleeves. The pistons are also identical except the the taper is 50% of what the marine pistons have. Which is more taper than the original 46 marine pistons relaeased by Novarossi. I prefer the Pylon pistons for this reason.

For some reason the Pylon Piston and Sleeve sets are also substantialy cheaper.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else;)

No need for popcorn James. Just making sure whoever purchases the engine knows it has the Rex parts which was clarified. The rest is opinion.

If the case is a marine case, (2011 serial number is before 46 marine engines were released for sale), it is the very early style that mimmicked the Rex case but failed to hold up to to marine use due to cracking in the front end. It was later replaced with a much more solid front end marine design. You clarified the REX crank and flywheel and if the P/S/head button coupling is the same 2011 vintage, yes it is different than the marine version. These were all the areas that caught my eye warranting my initial post. If you have any further questions let me know. Thanks.

No need for popcorn James. Just making sure whoever purchases the engine knows it has the Rex parts which was clarified. The rest is opinion.

If the case is a marine case, (2011 serial number is before 46 marine engines were released for sale), it is the very early style that mimmicked the Rex case but failed to hold up to to marine use due to cracking in the front end. It was later replaced with a much more solid front end marine design. You clarified the REX crank and flywheel and if the P/S/head button coupling is the same 2011 vintage, yes it is different than the marine version. These were all the areas that caught my eye warranting my initial post. If you have any further questions let me know. Thanks.
All very good Ron, except the Pylon 46 engine was released nearly 2 years after the To-Be 46 marine engine
default_rolleyes.gif

You may wish to re-visit the content in the above post.

All very good Ron, except the Pylon 46 engine was released nearly 2 years after the To-Be 46 marine engine
default_rolleyes.gif

You may wish to re-visit the content in the above post.
That was the "new" version Brad. The original 46 pylon came out years earlier earlier. The serial number (2011) on your case is the clear indicator of its date of origin, hence my initial question. The new version you are referencing came out in 2014, two years later. Its all good. I dont know if the newer REX 46 uses the "beefed up" marine case or not. Thanks.

Nope. Novarossi never produced a 46 rear exhaust engine of any kind (aircraft or marine) prior to the first prodcution of the To-Be in 2011. Period.

This engine case was produced in 2011, as per the serial number. I orginaly purchased this engine new directly from Glenn Q.

I respect your questions, however the incorrect information you continue to state in this thread is frustrating to say the least.

Having said that, its all good and do not wish the choke this thread or section of the forum any further.

I hope you have a great weekend.

Thanks Brad. Original post was to note the REX parts. Never mentioned anything about prior to 2011. I hope you have a great holiday weekend as well.

Latest posts

Back