Help Support IntlWaters by donating using the link above.
Photo

who makes cowls?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Speed Jr.

Speed Jr.

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:54 PM

In need of cowls for my JAE 45 and JRX 91. I just got a Zippkits cowl in today for my 45 and it is embarrassing to say the least. So whose got the hookup? Anyone make clear CF cowls?

Larry Jr.

#2 JRXHydros

JRXHydros

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:23 PM

In need of cowls for my JAE 45 and JRX 91. I just got a Zippkits cowl in today for my 45 and it is embarrassing to say the least. So whose got the hookup? Anyone make clear CF cowls?

Larry Jr.

Larry I get my cowls from Andy Brown & I custom fit it to a piece of wood for the 101. I'll be working on a cowl mold over the winter,if it's broken send it back & I'll fix it. Just a Note: You may need extra cowl tie downs. I have used the Zippkits cowl on my 45 rigger,I just trim the back end some & it looks cool. Ray Bowden got one on his 45 rigger & looks cool when painted. Andy Brown Email: andybrownprops@gmail.com Phone: (386)330-2420. Donna will help you on the phone. I've done a lot of orders by email. They take PayPal,nice people never had a problem buying from them for the last several years.

Edited by JRXHydros, 23 August 2017 - 11:19 PM.

#3 Ron Zaker Jr

Ron Zaker Jr

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:06 AM

Larry Jr.

Whats embarrassing about it? 

I run the Zippkit cowl and it looks good.

#4 longballlumber

longballlumber

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:28 AM

Sure they are wet laid,  not vacuum bagged, and require a little work but for $24 it sure looks good on my boat.

Attached Files

Edited by longballlumber, 24 August 2017 - 07:29 AM.

#5 Ron Zaker Jr

Ron Zaker Jr

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:46 AM

Sure they are wet laid,  not vacuum bagged, and require a little work but for $24 it sure looks good on my boat.

Looks great Mike ,good CRAFTSMENSHIP.

Edited by Ron Zaker Jr, 24 August 2017 - 07:47 AM.

#6 JRXHydros

JRXHydros

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:41 PM

Ray Bowdens 45 rigger with Zippkits 45 cowl one piece no added wood needed like my 67-101 rigger,cause of the long fuel/engine bays.

Attached Files

Edited by JRXHydros, 24 August 2017 - 01:45 PM.

#7 Samuel Hagan JR

Samuel Hagan JR

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:54 PM

Bert Dygert

Buddy Lowe

#8 Ron Zaker Jr

Ron Zaker Jr

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:20 PM

Ray Bowdens 45 rigger with Zippkits 45 cowl one piece no added wood needed like my 67-101 rigger,cause of the long fuel/engine bays.

Very nice

#9 timwhalen

timwhalen

Beginner Boater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:12 PM

Larry Jr.

Larry I get my cowls from Andy Brown & I custom fit it to a piece of wood for the 101. I'll be working on a cowl mold over the winter,if it's broken send it back & I'll fix it. Just a Note: You may need extra cowl tie downs. I have used the Zippkits cowl on my 45 rigger,I just trim the back end some & it looks cool. Ray Bowden got one on his 45 rigger & looks cool when painted. Andy Brown Email: andybrownprops@gmail.com Phone: (386)330-2420. Donna will help you on the phone. I've done a lot of orders by email. They take PayPal,nice people never had a problem buying from them for the last several years.

Yeah, Joel, I like the way you adapt that AB cowl with the wood in the nose area.

Looks way cool!

Thanks-

Tim

#10 timwhalen

timwhalen

Beginner Boater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:22 PM

Larry Jr.

Hi Larry- AB's cowls are available in CF, to the best of my knowledge, but they are

substantially more $$$. You'd have to contact CMD, Inc. for more info.

Give Donna a call at (386) 330-2420 for specifics, or contact Andy here.

Hope it all works out for you.

Thanks-

Tim

#11 JRXHydros

JRXHydros

Boater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:55 PM

Very nice
Thank You Ron Zaker Jr,remember you in the late 80s early 90s always a gentleman & a all pro model boat racer.

#12 brad nichols

brad nichols

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

I make my cowls in carbon or e-glass.

Brad

Attached Files

#13 Speed Jr.

Speed Jr.

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:58 PM

The 45 zip cowl isnt long enough. I would have add wood to the bottom of it to extend the nose far enough. I would much rather have a larger cowl around the motor area anyway like my JRX has... I guess I was just comparing it to the Andy Brown cowl which is significantly stiffer and laid up better. Thanks for the info fellas.

#14 Bert Dygert

Bert Dygert

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:30 AM

Larry,

I have a JAE 45 Cowl mold. See attached picture.

I would need about 4-5 weeks to get a cowl done.

Regards,

Bert

Attached Files

#15 Butch Londrigan

Butch Londrigan

Club Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:39 PM

Bert I would take a carbon fiber one. If you would that would be great. Thanks.