My latest video: Fiberglassing (how to)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great video Greg. This should help a lot of modelers. I have one question. I could not hear where you get your cloth from. I have not look very hard but would like some differant weigths without have to buy a lot of yards.

Thanks

Mark

Great video Greg. This should help a lot of modelers. I have one question. I could not hear where you get your cloth from. I have not look very hard but would like some differant weigths without have to buy a lot of yards.

Thanks

Mark
I get it from Nick Ziroli, we bought several thousand yards back in the mid 90s and we're still selling off of it it's like 2.00 a yard

http://www.ziroliplans.com/home_frameset.html

Like Don and I have said...........sleep is overrated!!

thanks, hope it answers a lot of quesitons and gets guys to try it. It's probably THE most asked question I've fielded in my modeling. "how do you fiberglass"

;-)

Nice job explaining the process. Do you use the 1:1 mixture of denatured alcohol/epoxy for all 3 applications of epoxy?

Nice job explaining the process. Do you use the 1:1 mixture of denatured alcohol/epoxy for all 3 applications of epoxy?
guys, yes I use the thinned 1:1 ratio on all three coats. If you don't keep it thinned you end up using more sand paper and adding weight.

gh

Nice video Greg. Your way of going over the steps was very methodical and easily understood. I may have to try making the tail set for my Executone as demonstrated, just to see how well they would turn out if nothing else. Have you done a video on mold making? That's one I really need to learn to do :blink:

thanks, hope it answers a lot of questions and gets guys to try it. It's probably THE most asked question I've fielded in my modeling. "how do you fiberglass"

;-)
LOL! Yeah man why sleep when you can be out in the shop. I did have to stop on the Elam for number of days to let my fingertips heal, all the sanding and sawdust dried them out so bad I had splits that started bleeding. I just can't do the gloves thing during that part, lose too much sense of touch during the final shaping process. Fingers are healed up now and I'll be shop bound pretty much all weekend..........

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice video Greg. Your way of going over the steps was very methodical and easily understood. I may have to try making the tail set for my Executone as demonstrated, just to see how well they would turn out if nothing else. Have you done a video on mold making? That's one I really need to learn to do :blink:
I may have to do one on mold making. I get asked that often too. I'm by no means a pro at it but I do have a method that works especially good for one off's or a few pieces.

gh.

thanks, hope it answers a lot of questions and gets guys to try it. It's probably THE most asked question I've fielded in my modeling. "how do you fiberglass"

;-)
LOL! Yeah man why sleep when you can be out in the shop. I did have to stop on the Elam for number of days to let my fingertips heal, all the sanding and sawdust dried them out so bad I had splits that started bleeding. I just can't do the gloves thing during that part, lose too much sense of touch during the final shaping process. Fingers are healed up now and I'll be shop bound pretty much all weekend..........
Gentle Healing Vitamin E skin care lotion, same problem but from hanging Sheetrock. :( .........==={}

;-)
Gentle Healing Vitamin E skin care lotion, same problem but from hanging Sheetrock. :( .........==={}
I do that but the problem is it's after the fact and the damage tends to happen in process. You can't have that on your hands while you're working on unsealed wood, hands need to be clean and dry. At least now I'm at the sealing stages for the most part......

Back