Pics from 2016 Winter Nitro Champs in FL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Inverarity

Supporting Member
I have gone through over 9000 photos to create this album of pictures from the 2016 Winter Nitro Champs in Florida. Some of the shots were taken by Winfried Ott's wife while I raced, the rest are taken by me. I was unable to shoot all classes or even all boats within the classes I got, so I apologize if I missed your boat. Enjoy!

https://flickr.com/photos/130286344@N07/sets/72157663900856776

WOW, you were a busy guy taking all these images. Great action shots of boats and how that look on the water.

Was a great pleasure meeting you and talking to you.

Ian,

Great pictures, would like to see more shots of the poeple that were there since I was not there.

Also does anyone know what the plastic bottle on what looked like a twin 21 was about?

Steve

Some of the best close-up shots that I've ever seen! It's fun to see how much the boom tubes flex and twist. Great work Ian!!!! Also, nice meeting you.

Steve Ball

Last edited by a moderator:
GREAT Shots Ian, you where a busy man - lol
default_ohmy.png

Steve P , I should have my picture video done later today, its mainly people pics.

Will post it up when its done.

Andy

Wow Ian!!..great shots!! Just before the second round of B-hydro I decided to replace the stub shaft bushing with a new one. Turns out I didn't tighten the collet enough, and it cost me big!!!...the whole shaft & prop assembly came a fly'n off the back of the boat, about the third lap into the race., BIG TIME BUMER!! Amazingly enough in one of your shots the timing was so perfect, you actually can see the shaft assembly on its way out, way cool! Could be seen on page 4 just a little past a quarter of the way down, will be the left picture just below the full screen shot of the boat "red & blue boat".

Thanks Ian, really enjoyed those.

Elias

Ian,

Great pictures, would like to see more shots of the poeple that were there since I was not there.

Also does anyone know what the plastic bottle on what looked like a twin 21 was about?

Steve
It's a twin nova Rossi .61. Converted airplane engines. The bottle was an attempt at a air box to keep water out

I'am starting to watching the album but not realized that it include SOOOO many pics. I was stopped on 500-600 and go to make a toasts and tee to finished all...

Thanks Ian for sharing. These are some great pics. Really enjoyed getting the chance to finally meet you....
default_wink.png

Can't wait to see your next creation run!!!...
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing everyone who is using fiberglass and carbonfiber boom tubes will have some changes coming with their riggers in the near future after seeing the lead picture in this topic.................

Dick Tyndall

Back