Looking for a gas CAT kit

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only mono's allowed in the Super Stock (stock) class as far as I know. Most run well with a stock Zenoah 260 so pick one. Yes, I know I'm not much help there. Some handle rough water better than others. It really is tough figuring out which one to buy as I looked at a lot of them before scoring a deal on a new RC Boatworks F-41. Before that I had an AC Model Boats Blast Cat 40, a Cat that really woke up in the rough stuff. My first Cat was a Falcon 41, really light but unfortunately no longer made.

I have never liked mono's have zero interest in them. A friend suggested Cats for me to get started in gas. I had a semi scale Jeesie James Cat in the 90's. I think the hull was from Aeromarine not sure. Just want to get a Cat to run for practice to see if I might be interested in racing them. Don't want to break the bank. I have the radio gear.

The CP Kat is good or the R-42.

The T-44 is a difficult one to build and hard to get it right.

If You like Aeromarine then shoot for the Sprint Cat as it's still doing well over the years. They also have a newer Conquest. If you order one make sure they tape the seams or they'll blow apart. Remy may be doing that now without a special order.

I've got an F-41, it's taken me a while to get it right but now it screams!

DSCF1172 (1).JPG

I will be purchasing the T44. I have a friend that can help me with the setup. He told me to get it and we will get it going.

when you get the t44 don't listen to everyone on where to put the motor, you have to c/g the hull and put the motor at that spot. you cant have someone tell you put the motor so many inches off the transom. they are fussy with the c/g

Alan Terry has been a great help in getting my T44 running well. He designed it. Getting the prop in exactly the right place is important, running the right prop is important. People who have followed his guidance to the letter have had great running T-44s. He is on JRCBD and facebook.

Back