looking for Miss Eagle Electric pics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
Looking for good pics of the 1968 Miss Eagle Electric. I've found two so far, one on Roger's site & one thru Google, both are kinda grainy. Really need at least a good overhead shot or a good view of the front deck area. Also anyone got the paint code for that brownish/bronze primary color??

If the 68 Eagle Elect is the same color as the 69 Pride of Pay N Pak, I have a PPG paint code. I think the color's were pretty close.

BTW there a 7-8 pictures on the 68 Eagle Elect on the Unlimiteds Detroit Web site.

Josh-

Last edited by a moderator:
If the 68 Eagle Elect is the same color as the 69 Pride of Pay N Pak, I have a PPG paint code. I think the color's were pretty close.
BTW there a 7-8 pictures on the 68 Eagle Elect on the Unlimiteds Detroit Web site.

Josh-
Hey Josh, supposedly it is the same, a bronze-brownish??

Yup, My 69 Pak is a Brownish Bronze. I have half a quart of paint left from it was originally painted. It's PPG DAU or DBU? I can't remember which. I can get the code off the can if you want it?

Josh-

Yup, My 69 Pak is a Brownish Bronze. I have half a quart of paint left from it was originally painted. It's PPG DAU or DBU? I can't remember which. I can get the code off the can if you want it?
Josh-
Yes that would be great, just send me a p/m. I shoot PPG Concepts so the number should easily transfer to the DCC codes. Thanks for your help. B)

Josh-
Hey Josh, supposedly it is the same, a bronze-brownish??

The 'Original' 69' Pay 'N Pak (rigger) color was Imron (DuPont): Light Persimmion Metallic

It was a Fleet Color

I'm 99% sure the Eagle Electric was the same color. Dave H boat. The Pak likely got the Eagle's extra Paint.... You can probably get the 'right' conversion done by someone in the paint business for a long time. ie someone that knows what Imron is, and knows how to follow the bloodlines.. if that makes sense.

I have done just that a couple times. My original boat was Imron, the next epoxy (not metallic), then I had the original imron converted to Deltron, then a few years ago, DCC. If you want my codes, you can have them, but if you want to do the legwork with your PPG guy and then we can compare, then we might have a confirmed color. I've seen a few shades over the years. Of course I think mine is Right. :rolleyes:

David

The 'Original' 69' Pay 'N Pak (rigger) color was Imron (DuPont): Light Persimmion MetallicIt was a Fleet Color

I'm 99% sure the Eagle Electric was the same color. Dave H boat. The Pak likely got the Eagle's extra Paint.... You can probably get the 'right' conversion done by someone in the paint business for a long time. ie someone that knows what Imron is, and knows how to follow the bloodlines.. if that makes sense.

I have done just that a couple times. My original boat was Imron, the next epoxy (not metallic), then I had the original imron converted to Deltron, then a few years ago, DCC. If you want my codes, you can have them, but if you want to do the legwork with your PPG guy and then we can compare, then we might have a confirmed color. I've seen a few shades over the years. Of course I think mine is Right. :rolleyes:

David
Yo David, what's that old saying- work smart not hard. :p I'd love to see what the DCC code is. I'd be curious to put my paint guy down here to the test, give him the DBU/DAU # that Josh has & see if it crosses into the DCC # you have. ;) And BTW- I'd bet you're spot on about Dave Herensberger as the rail dragster was paint the same- http://www.cacklefest.com/Eagle-Electric.shtml

B)

The 'Original' 69' Pay 'N Pak (rigger) color was Imron (DuPont): Light Persimmion MetallicIt was a Fleet Color

David
Yo David, what's that old saying- work smart not hard. :p I'd love to see what the DCC code is. I'd be curious to put my paint guy down here to the test, give him the DBU/DAU # that Josh has & see if it crosses into the DCC # you have. ;) And BTW- I'd bet you're spot on about Dave Herensberger as the rail dragster was paint the same- http://www.cacklefest.com/Eagle-Electric.shtml

B)
Wouldn't the people who did the dragster restoration also have the codes?

Hi Don,

I'll send you photo's and paint codes that I have on your email address on the weekend. I also have this hull and have very slowly been working on it. Also I see you are looking for a dummy merlin for this boat also, I got a mold for a merlin a little while back and have started making a few parts, unfortunately the engine block mold has warped and is no good anymore, if you would be prepared to make a block out of timber I would be prepared to send you all the rest. Send me a Pm with your phone number and best times of contact and I'll give you a ring.

Regards,

Bucky

Hi Don,

This pic will help to detail the cockpit and engine. It's from the Hydroplane Museum website.

http://www.thunderboats.org/

Little20Buzzard2068.jpg

David

B)

OK then, here's some more input to work smart. In my attempt to re-create the perfect match to the color, I had my 'concept' primer tinted with red-oxide to help minimize the impact to the top-coat/Color. Metallics like to be put on light to get the 'best result' (ie, not too heavy, and sag, collect at edges) and to that end, they are, and this color is very-translucent. Putting down a primer with a 'close-to-color' allows you to put down the color in a mimimal thickness (minimizes weight) and produces a great finish with the clear-coat. A dark primer, or a light primer will impact this metallic paint. Or at the very least cause you to put down a lot of paint to bring out the 'true-color'.

DJ

Back