Water proofing electronics Trio or Corrosion X?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, it's not a question of which works "best". Since I started using corrosion x (15 or so years ago) it hasn't failed me yet. Why mess with that kind of track record lol...

Brian

Though I haven't done the "emersion" test with Corrosion X.

I have with Trio.

What I did was disassemble a servo, spray the insides with Trio, let set for a day, sprayed againg.

Reassembled the servo,

hooked it to a RX as though it was going into a radio box,

Submerged the servo in about 4" of water, turned on the radio and operated the servo for several minutes. worked flawlessly.

left it submerged for 4 or 5 days, tested it every afternoon when i returned home from work. worked every thim.

removed it from the water, just let it set on my bench for days, again checking every afternoon, worked every time.

So, now I have a sport-20 with my throttle and 3rd channel servo's mounted uot in the open, seems to work everytime I need it to.

for the servo extension connectors I packed them with DiElectric grease just to be safe.

I take it I can buy either Corrosion X or Trio at Home Depot? Do you also use either on your receiver? Also, what do you recommend to dry a wet receiver out? Thanks Tom

What works best?
The Trio is proven to keep electronics working if getting wet. Corr x is great for the motors.

Dont think about using Trio in a nitro motor cause the chemicals in that stuff with about 24 letters will cause your glow plugs to be bad, motor starts but wont stay runnnig when the power driver is taken off. Ha I went thru 4 plugs before I figured that one out.

I used to use Aerotrend's AeroPlate but they went out of business so I switched over to Corrosion X. It's also fantastic on frozen doors locks.

Carlo at CC Racing Engines is selling Trio. He doesn't sell anything until he gives it the acid test.

I'm a fan of a good radio box also but you never know when a leak will show up or radio box cut in half from a crash:( Still haven't got around to spraying my stuff down.

Tim what receiver are you running that costs $$$90?

I have never used either product just order Corrosion X off ebay

If i understand this post I take open case of servo an receiver an spray let dry then close them up.

How often should I apply.

Thxs

Ken

Latest posts

Back