IMPBA District 4-1/8 Scale Registration

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duke Mordja

IMPBA District 4-1/8 Scale Racers,

The time has come again to register your 1/8 Scale Hydroplane. We already have 7 signed up at the District 4 Council Meeting.

So far, we have 6 points races planned this season. A few more are in the works. We should know by end of January.

Anyone wanting to register their 1/8 Scale Hydro for the 2015 season, please PM me with your contact information and I will send out the registration form in the mail to you. Or, use the attached pdf or word document and email to me. (email info on the form)

To win the season high points traveling trophy started in 1975, your boat must be registered.

Anyone wanting to use paypal, please email me the registration form and I will send out the paypal address.

Word Document

2016 IMPBA D4 Scale Registration.doc

PDF File

2016 IMPBA D4 Scale Registration.pdf

Thanks,

Duke

2015 Scale Cup Presentation.jpg

Attachments

• 2016 IMPBA D4 Scale Registration.doc
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • 2016 IMPBA D4 Scale Registration.pdf
    71.7 KB · Views: 53
Duke maybe Don will pin this post so we can stop shamelessly bumping it

Last edited by a moderator:
We currently have 10 registered 1/8 Scales in District 4. It is starting to look like we could be having "scale finals" this season where you have to qualify with points or the consolation race.

If you plan on competing for District 4's 42nd season with the same Traveling Trophy for 1/8 Scale, please send in the registration soon. I plan on having the registration cards made in two weeks.

Please use form posted in post 1 in this topic.

Thank You

Happy Boating

Duke,

Thanks for doing this for your district, be sure to pass some pictures and even share your membership scale list with me, Districts 2,4,& 14 have always been very strong, and it looks like District 1 is making a comeback, being the national Scale director, it would be nice to have a Master list of all scale boats running in the country.

IMPBA is always looking for pictures and articles to post in the Roostertail Newsletter, this is good publicity for all scale racers.

First D4 Scale points race is 4 weeks away. Get registered on rcracing events. The title is D4 gas and 1:8 scale pts race. The race is May 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duke,

Thanks for doing this for your district, be sure to pass some pictures and even share your membership scale list with me, Districts 2,4,& 14 have always been very strong, and it looks like District 1 is making a comeback, being the national Scale director, it would be nice to have a Master list of all scale boats running in the country.

IMPBA is always looking for pictures and articles to post in the Roostertail Newsletter, this is good publicity for all scale racers.
Your Welcome Joe.

Once I get all the registrations in, I will send you a list of 1/8 Scale Hydros from District 4.

With the new boats in D4 this year, we may even have Concourse a few times this season. Exciting times. I will keep the roostertail in mind as well.

Thanks

Duke

Here are the results for 1/8 Scale after two races in District Four. (See attached PDF)

We have 13 Scales registered for 2016. Hopefully we can get them to the races.

The next race for points is the July race at the Badger Pond. This is five rounds of racing and is the Double Points race this season. This race is worth 4000 points if one was to win every heat.

Time to get them ready to race.

D4 Scale HIGH POINTS 2016 after two races.pdf

Attachments

• D4 Scale HIGH POINTS 2016 after two races.pdf
    111.1 KB · Views: 38
Here is the D4 1/8 Scale High Points after four races.

Davy Preusse was winner for points this weekend, but Phil Thomas placed first in the Scale Final.

Looks like Phil may poised to win the Silver Cup at District Four's next race in Mendota. Time will tell.

D4 Scale HIGH POINTS 2016 ater 4 races.pdf

Attachments

• D4 Scale HIGH POINTS 2016 ater 4 races.pdf
    112.2 KB · Views: 27
The Minute Breakers hosted a great race this weekend at Mendota, Illinois. The weather did not cooperate much on Saturday with intermittent rain delays. Sunday was a complete opposite day. Beautiful sun and in the low 70's with low humidity

The 1/8 scale registration grew by 4 more boats. David Preusse, Dan Pralle, Dean Johnson and Tony Metallo will be racing for the rest of the season. (we hope)

We were happy to see Mike Schindler and Brad Maglinger from District 14 bring their scales to race.

The attached PDF is the season high points after 5 races.

D4 Scale HIGH POINTS 2016 ater 5 races.pdf

Attachments

• D4 Scale HIGH POINTS 2016 ater 5 races.pdf
    114.2 KB · Views: 40
After a great race weekend at St. Anne, Illinois, the District four high points chase is coming to an end.

Attached PDF current thru St Anne. It looks like if young Dave(y) Preusse shows up and gets 157 points, he will obtain his goal.
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
(2 throw outs accounted for)

The scale racing in D4 is finishing the season with a scale bug that has bitten the likes of Dan Pralle, John Seybold, Dean Johnson, Butch Londigren and Tony Metallo. All of these fellas are a great addition to the D4 1/8 scale racing. Scale Finals after a point racing day is exciting.

The season will end with 18 scale boats registered to race in the district.
default_smile.png

I thank you all as the District Scale Director for helping make this season one of the best I have been involved with.

Happy Racing.

D4 Scale HIGH POINTS 2016 ater 6 races.pdf

Attachments

• D4 Scale HIGH POINTS 2016 ater 6 races.pdf
    115 KB · Views: 30
The boating season has come to an end in District Four. Young David Preusse (aka Davy) has achieved his goal to win his first season high points in 1/8 Scale.

We finished off the season running scale finals in our district the last 3 or 4 races. It has created another mode of excitement for the races that many have never experienced heat racing. More to come in 2017.

I have attached the final results for the 2016 season as a PDF file.

Thanks to All in District 4 for making the 2016 racing season a success.

(It is also not too early to register for 2017. )
default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif

D4 Scale HIGH POINTS 2016 FINAL STANDINGS.pdf

Attachments

• D4 Scale HIGH POINTS 2016 FINAL STANDINGS.pdf
    116.5 KB · Views: 35
The time has come again to register your 1/8 Scale Hydroplane and new for 2017 is GAS Scale.

We have 8 points races planned this season. All races will use have a minimum three heats for points racing for the season high points traveling trophy and a consee/final format. Two race throw out. (Top 6 races count for high points.)

Anyone wanting to register their 1/8 Scale Hydro or gas Scale for the 2017 season, please PM me with your contact information and I will send out the registration form in the mail to you.

Or, use the attached pdf or word document and email to me. (email info on the form)

Your boat must be registered to compete in these classes in district and if you travel to other districts to race.

There will be a 1/8 Scale Trophy created for the St Anne's two-day race. Ken Stang's dedication to help develop the Riptide RC Boat Club and his decades dedication to the 1/8 Scale Class deserves a traveling trophy that any IMPBA racer will be proud to win now and in the decades to come. The name of the trophy has not been finalized, and we are open to suggestions.

District 4 has the 43rd running of the Mendota Silver Cup and new for 2017, we will have another great race at a great site that a great racer and great friend to many-help create.

Any questions or comments, please let me know.

Good Luck Racing in 2017.

...and tip a few cold ones for Kenny.

Word Registration Form

2017 IMPBA D4 Scale Registration.doc

PDF Registration Form

2017 IMPBA D4 Scale Registration.pdf

Attachments

• 2017 IMPBA D4 Scale Registration.pdf
    557 KB · Views: 24
  • 2017 IMPBA D4 Scale Registration.doc
    2.7 MB · Views: 14
Race season getting a little closer.

If you are a District 4 - 1/8 Scale or Gas Scale racer, please register using the forms in the previous post.

Thanks

Duke

Here are the 1/8 Scale standings after 4 races.

The upcoming Marquette race is the season Double Points race.

Thanks to the D14 racers that came to race at St. Anne a few weeks ago. There was some great 1/8 Scale Racing all weekend. Rob Betke won the scale final and is the first winner of the Kenny Stang Regatta's 1/8 Scale Cup.

D4 Scale 2017 after 4 races.pdf

Attachments

• D4 Scale 2017 after 4 races.pdf
    119.4 KB · Views: 38
The 53rd running for the Minute Breakers Silver Cup is now in the history books.

Phil Tomas wins the Silver Cup with his Miss Timex.

District 4 has had some great scale racing this season. We have two more points race scheduled and hope many scales can make it.

Please see attached file for the latest season high points after 6 races.

Thanks

Duke

D4 Scale 2017 after 6 races.pdf

Attachments

• D4 Scale 2017 after 6 races.pdf
    110 KB · Views: 37
The seventh race of district four is history. The 1/8 Scale High points winner will come down to the last race of the season. Points after seven races are attached below.

D4 Scale 2017 after 7 races.pdf

Attachments

• D4 Scale 2017 after 7 races.pdf
    103.9 KB · Views: 24
Another race season has come to a close in the District. Many great races created tons of fun for our racers in the district.

David Preusse is the season high points winner for 2017. Congratulations to David.

Tony Metallo and his late 50's era Miss Slo-Mo-Shun pulled off his first 1/8th Scale victory at the last race of the season at the Badger Race. Finishing all the heats is as important as ever.

Overall, D4 had seventeen 1/8 Scale boats registered in 2017. The most in many years.

Registration forms for 2018 will be posted on a new thread here on IW in a few weeks.

Happy Boat Building Season.

Duke Mordja

D4 Scale 2017 after 8 races.pdf

Attachments

• D4 Scale 2017 after 8 races.pdf
    111.2 KB · Views: 28
Back