Best boat for Quickdraw Pioneer engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Pun

Hi all,

This is my second patch of 3 Quickdraw Pioneer 30.5cc engines, like to explore what is best boats out there for these engines ?

image2-1.jpg

I got the first patch of 3 engines, came in January this year, I have already fit them into existing boats of MLBoatworks Sport Hydro, Blazer's Backleash and TFL Patron Saint, and they all run very fast and reliable.

Like to hear of your suggestions on what other boats are best for this fast engines? May be on a 1/6 scale boat ?

A Gas scale boat would be awesome! The biggest I've had in mine is a 29.5 with a Gizmo modded top end. Consistent 64-65 mph.

It should be the perfect gas scale engine. We currently hold the gas scale 2 lap record with a 30 cc modified Zenoah. The Quickdraw should be better.

Lohring Miller

Installed one of the Quickdraw Pioneers in a Tiger King Mono2, the same boat designed by Tiger King engine creator and he has just won the World Championship in Europe with the boat but fitted with a Tiger king engine.

This is ready for test tomorrow.

image2-1.jpgimage1-5.jpgimage3-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Installed one of the Quickdraw Pioneers in a Tiger King Mono2, the same boat designed by Tiger King engine creator and he has just won the World Championship in Europe with the boat but fitted with a Tiger king engine.

image2-1.jpg image1-5.jpg image3-2.jpg
That wrap to center pipe is going to cost some performance.

Steve, What is your recommendation ? Or a wrap to flush pipe is better ?

Explain to me how do you figure this? All our pipes run identical in any configuration if you keep the tuned length the same. The straight section is removed and a "S" section is added in. Same length meaning if we took out 5 inches and added 5 inches. It still keeps the overall length of the pipe the same. We dynoed all of the configurations of our different pipe routines before we released them. If they did not perform we would not have offered them that way. Tired of people trying to compare what didn't work on the slip on header style Zen pipes other companies had out because they could not get them short enough. I battled with people on the phone with this for like 5 months after we released the WTC pipes.

Todd

Quickdraw

Gilbert

Do not worry about it. You will not have any running issues running a WTC pipe routing.

Todd

Quickdraw

Explain to me how do you figure this? All our pipes run identical in any configuration if you keep the tuned length the same. The straight section is removed and a "S" section is added in. Same length meaning if we took out 5 inches and added 5 inches. It still keeps the overall length of the pipe the same. We dynoed all of the configurations of our different pipe routines before we released them. If they did not perform we would not have offered them that way. Tired of people trying to compare what didn't work on the slip on header style Zen pipes other companies had out because they could not get them short enough. I battled with people on the phone with this for like 5 months after we released the WTC pipes.

Todd

Quickdraw

Todd,

Good to hear from you !

You have sent me different length of flex joints from 2" to 3",

image1-6.jpg

I have lost count already, please let me know which length suits which pipe configuration.

Gilbert

Last edited by a moderator:
Gilbert

When using on a Pioneer in any engine cc size. Use the 2 5/8 inch flex. 2 5/8 inch only on High Torque engines only. Pioneers you can play with lengths but we send them out with 2 5/8 inch in them. Keep in mind a special note. IF you have any custom headers I built for you? Meaning shorter or longer than the normal version. They will be marked on them a measurement you need to take into account on the flex lengths. Meaning if it has + 1/2 inch scribbed on the thin edge of the flange? This means you will need to run a flex joint with -1/2 inch on it. This will keep the same tuned length. Same thing going the opposite way. If one says -3/8 inch on the flange. You will need to add 3/8 inch to the flex to keep the same tuned length as a standard header with no mods done to it.

Todd

Quickdraw

I have put a Pioneer 30.5cc. QD engine on a RCBoatCompany gas thunder boat recently, and I can feel it is very powerful !

Any one have suggestion on turnfin angle and strut depth for this boat, as it was not planning very well on the straight in the first trial run, though it's very fast.

image1.jpg

Todd, I stand corrected. I had a Quickdraw 26cc engine with a wrap to center pipe in in an Insane mono in about 2002 and with wrap to center pipe and the best I could get was about 52 mph.

At the suggestion of another boater I put on a pipe with a 100 degree header and the boat went from 52 to a little over 58 mph and the only change was the pipe.

Back