New Fiber Rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gil sonsino

Ok guys this my last project a gas rigger equipped with a Quick motor.The tub is a spare one I had of my previous SGX fiber and sponsons from my Twin Fe rigger....I think the fusion became pretty well considering this boat is Jae based....lenght 45,5" width 27,5".....here some pics till I have the painting done.Thanks Gill

DSCN6066.JPG

DSCN6067.JPG

DSCN6071.JPG

DSCN6070.JPG

DSCN6077.JPG

DSCN6080.JPG

Very nice work Gil!

Any pix of the molds? What's the bare hull weigh?

Gonna do some SAW running?
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
beautiful glass work.

is that a ski under the Z strut ?

what's in the rudder rod hole ?

post-1409-0-35459700-1481673242.jpg

Thanks guys for the support...Terry the molds were sold time ago to a company in Chile but I still have the pics....no saw here but looks like this.....bare hull in the pic is 1,84kg...gues will end up with a boat below 5kg.Dave yes its the central sponson of the old SGX and I like to use some times silicone pacifiers as seals...they work great and last forever...lol...if time helps will have this baby ready for next week.

Cheers

WP_20161116_002.jpg

WP_20161116_001.jpg

Gil nice work!!! What material did you make the molds out of? If you had to do it again today what material would you use?

Hi Lay thanks those molds are made from araldur i.e. a mix of epoxy resin and powder quartz....I think this the method I would do again once they will last forever and the cost is not so high. Gill

Gil,

I just noticed the dental instruments on the bench in the pictures at the beginning of the thread. I had forgotten that you mentioned being a retired dentist at some point. I happen to work for a company by the name of American Eagle Instruments. We have been making dental instruments for about 25 years now. I'm their tool and die maker. I do most of the prototype work and research and development as well. I wonder if you have heard of us or used our instruments.

Regards,

Bob

Thanks Scott. Yeap Bob I can say I'm a retired dentist but it was a well thought decision to give up of Dentistry after 25 year working at my own dental company to start a new business in 1997 in the full size boat scene .All my instruments were from SSWHITE made in USA or Germany and they are a big help for many tasks in my workshop.BTW the boat will receive a clear tomorrow to be ready to water.... I hope as Its been raining a lot in the last days...you know I'm in the tropics....

Best regards

Gill

Gil, I noticed you used some G-10 (also known as green glass, circuit board material) on the bottom of your sponsons. Have you had any problems with the epoxy you used, grabbing the G-10?? I have had problems in the past with adhesives for G-10 and phenolic, that is why I asked.

Hi Rudy the bottom of my sponsons aren't made with G-10.I use to make my own epoxy fiber sheets so they look like G10.You are correct G10 is a pain in the neck to be glued even with coarse sanding.The only piece of G10 in this boat is in the carb protector...I will post more pics as soon the boat is painted.....just have to clear it now.Gill

Gil, I noticed you used some G-10 (also known as green glass, circuit board material) on the bottom of your sponsons. Have you had any problems with the epoxy you used, grabbing the G-10?? I have had problems in the past with adhesives for G-10 and phenolic, that is why I asked.
Rudy,

I use G-10 & G-11, as well as several grades of linen based phenolics with various two part epoxy systems. No problems with adhesion as long as the parts were clean (free of any oils) & the surfaces were roughed up slightly.

Beautiful work Gill. Are any of these hulls available?

Jim Allen

Ok after a certain delay due to a health family issues Im back to post pics of the ready to run boat...haven't had time to go to the lake as I'm waiting the date my wife will make a surgery but I'm confident everything will come true.Thanks for watching.Gill

DSCN6088.JPG

DSCN6099.JPG

DSCN6097.JPG

DSCN6103.JPG

DSCN6108.JPG

DSCN6109.JPG

Back