XTR-21 Leecraft tunnel hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve palgreene

Hi I have a older XTR 21 Leecraft tunnel hull that I just can not get the ugly hop out of it try different motor height different angles setting different props added weight to it taken weight off does not ride any different when I do these things . Anyone have this problem before.

True up the running surfaces of the sponsons. Often referred to as "blueprinting" the bottom. I raced an XTR-21 for season in white gel coat with the sponson bottoms trued and it ran extremely well with no porpoising issues. Between seasons I painted up the boat, and it developed an ugly hop. I re trued the bottom which removed most of the paint from the running surfaces and the hop went away. There is, or was, another popular .21 tunnel that stated in the build instructions not to paint the running surfaces of the boat. Paint may or may not be an issue in your case, but if your sponson bottoms have a hook or a rocker in them it will cause issues.

Back